Breaking SKW news

Discussion in 'The Pipe' started by nashty13, May 10, 2008.

Help Support The Pipe by donating:

1. May 10, 2008 #1

nashty13

nashty13

nashty13

First off I've never been a flame baiter, I'm just going to pass along some news about the meeting today that I heard from a buddy that knows what is going on, I admit before hand that I have no proof that this is true but I will pass it along anyway just to see what you guys think......

1) SKW wants scope gone/ no merger/ XJT run separately
    2) Branded cease ops
    3) LAX Delta flying shifted to SKW (bigger planes)
    4) Branded LR2s and XRs shifted to CAL to replace 135s and some ERs
    5) Overall a loss of 700 pilot jobs/ no paycuts from remaining pilots though

Again take this with a grain of salt but its a preliminary word from what went on today, I don't know what to believe and I hope this isn't all true but it is the only thing I've heard about the meeting.

2. May 10, 2008 #2

boyracer

boyracer

boyracer

well I could see that but I think the # of 700 pilots is over exaggerated!!!

I could maybe see 300-500 but 700 is a lot! So for now until the company notifies us...I'll raise the BS FLAG!

3. May 10, 2008 #3

Texan Aviator

Texan Aviator

Texan Aviator

Sure hope you're wrong. That's a lot of guys out of work.

4. May 10, 2008 #4

Justin Demer

Justin Demer

Justin Demer

I agree you are 100% right!!!!!

5. May 10, 2008 #5

boyracer

boyracer

boyracer

How is Skywest going to take our routes out of LAX to fly with bigger airplanes?

Don't you think that would be up to Delta? Don't they already have a relationship with Delta?

Then why does Delta keep taking airplanes from us to fly out there?

If Delta wanted to replace our airplanes with bigger planes from Skywest they would do that. This does not need to be accomplished in a deal with us. Delta loves us because we are on the hook for the cost of 50% of the operation out there for most of the airplanes. They would be on the hook for a 100% with Skywest which is just another reason delta loves us sooooo much!

Just my .02 so I'll stick with my BS FLAG

6. May 10, 2008 #6

Justin Demer

Justin Demer

Justin Demer

Well some routes could use a bigger a/c and also some can be replaced by a CRJ, And if CAL wants there A/c back XRJ. They the LAX would close and SKYwest would replace with 50 seaters. Also if we were no longer flipping the bill for 50% or the work, they would cxld al under profits routes. This is not rocket science!

7. May 10, 2008 #7

Texan Aviator

Texan Aviator

Texan Aviator

Sure would be nice to atleast get a cliffnotes from the union...

8. May 10, 2008 #8

nashty13

nashty13

nashty13

700 comes from losing a total of about 70 (69 planes sounds familiar) planes (all the 135s and alot of 145 ERs). All the new LRs and XRs in branded/delta return to service with CAL. I'm sure Delta would love for SKW to put larger A/C in LAX......I hope this is all BS too but nobody else has heard anything......curious as to why that is....

9. May 10, 2008 #9

boyracer

boyracer

boyracer

OMG!

This is sooooooo flame bait!

This guy can't even spell or write!

He must be a Skywest pilot!

Get'em boys!

LMAO

10. May 10, 2008 #10

Left Coast

Left Coast

Left Coast

Well, he spelled losing correctly, so he probably doesn't work here.

11. May 10, 2008 #11

boyracer

boyracer

boyracer

Well CAL can't pull 69 airplanes. They can only pull 51. As per the contract going forward they can only pull 2 airplanes per month for the duration of the contract. Unless this is something that has been changed in this new deal they have inked.

12. May 10, 2008 #12

flyslr78

flyslr78

flyslr78

I wish it was.... I heard about the same, plus those Delta a/c would goto Skywest and be flown by their pilots.

13. May 10, 2008 #13

GasPasser

GasPasser

GasPasser

Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Because any release would wreak havoc on the stock price of both companies Monday morning, especially if is anything like what is being said here. I assume this kind of information was said in closed session and all kinds of "insider information" SEC laws apply. Even if the union had a Blastmail ready, they're probably having lawyers look it over to cover their @$$es.

14. May 10, 2008 #14

fencitup

fencitup

fencitup

I'll say it again... some of you guys never cease to amaze me!!

15. May 10, 2008 #15

boyracer

boyracer

boyracer

I know! I amaze everyone! Just wait till I show you my circus tricks and my magic hat show!

Stay tuned!

lol

16. May 10, 2008 #16

Jim Kirk

Jim Kirk

Jim Kirk

I don't usually get involve in these turkey shootings particularly since I trust that our union has our best interest at heart, but for the sake of speculation I would say that a more realistic outcome would be:

Scope relieve (in exchange for)
    Branded (unfortunately) gone by the end of summer, with assets allocated to both Continental and (a few) to Delta, rest of the LAX base status quo 'til further notice. As much as we don't want to see them go, I speculate that the baby jets will start to go, gradually though (maybe 10 a year). Charter, possibly idle at 10 frames maybe more, depending on whether or not we get more contracts.

The biggest if, (which I hope goes our way) is getting to keep the flying for any of the options they exercise with Embraer to make up the difference of the potential eventual loss of EP's and 135's. We'll see boys girls, all the best to us all.

Hansel

(Disclosure: The above statement is my personal opinion, and does not represent the views of XJT or the Human Factors Department, just one of the guys guessing like the rest of you.)

17. May 10, 2008 #17

Horseshak

Horseshak

Horseshak

And what if we say no to giving up the scope clause? What will they do then? I'm hoping Jim and Jim can put these planes with other companies that actually realize that cheaper is not always better. This would be the only way to return to profitability and remain independent like we should stay. Would be nice if the union actually released something it's almost 11pm EDT!!!

18. May 10, 2008 #18

samfu_1

samfu_1

samfu_1

I believe that the first post of this thread is true. I don't engage in the rumor-mongering, especially the flamebait type. However, I believe this is what has been proposed. Big news for all of us...

19. May 10, 2008 #19

Hbrow15

Hbrow15

Hbrow15

That 700 number does seem high if this is true. I don't remember how many pilots we have but 700 I would guess would be close to a third of our group, so how would they expect this to pass when you already have a third of the group voting no before it even starts. The must have people reading the doom and gloom on the pipe and feel like they can get whatever they want by simply saying we will save most of your jobs

20. May 10, 2008 #20

boyracer

boyracer

boyracer

well if the meeting didn't go well no offense but they are probably rightfully out getting hammered and crying in their beers!

Could you blame them?