Are any of you effected by the 737 grounding?

Help Support The Pipe:

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Global Mod
I was wondering if any here are effected by that grounding that the President and other countries are putting into effect?

jetskipper

At UA there are over 340 737s in the fleet, only 14 are MAX 9s. The blizzard in Denver is affecting the operation far more than the MAX grounding.

w2992

At UA there are over 340 737s in the fleet, only 14 are MAX 9s. The blizzard in Denver is affecting the operation far more than the MAX grounding.
Conditions were so bad all planes going to DEN less than half loads. I was number 40 on the standby list but my daughter and I got first class on the 787 NRT to DEN. Departed Friday March 15 at 6pm arrived same Friday 1pm a 9 hour flight. 40k ft, minus 50C, 220 mph tailwind, 800mph ground speed. Flew about 500 miles south of the great circle route. 787 is the only plane where a hand held gps will not receive so these numbers are from the entertainment screen. Once in DEN we spent two full days number 80 on way oversold standby list to IAH . Researching all possible connections on every airline (mostly American, Spirit, Frontier, Southwest) out of DEN international and domestic. The entire world is effected thanks to our emperor.

Zero-G

If you were going through Den last week, the storm caused most of that impact and not a few Max aircraft being taken out of service. That’s why stay was shoulder deep into the weekend.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Global Mod
Thanks for the insight. Interesting how the snow had a bigger effect than the airplane grounding.

Zero-G

No, not really. 15 planes vs a whole big base going down for a day. Base wins

Latest posts