Any serious fitness people on here??

Discussion in 'The Pipe' started by ApocketA_145, Mar 27, 2013.

Help Support The Pipe by donating:

1. Mar 27, 2013 #1

ApocketA_145

ApocketA_145

ApocketA_145

I have picked up my workouts alot more and was wondering if anybody that does 4day trips what they take with them for food with high protein meals and what they carry it in? i mostly do 2 days and try to get rid of as much flying as i can, but have a couple 4 days coming up with no sit time and want to keep eating as much as i can to keep building muscle... any insight would help! thank you

2. Mar 27, 2013 #2

exfr8dog

exfr8dog

exfr8dog

Tuna, tuna, almond butter ( with low carb tortillas), almonds, protein bars, green apples, beef jerky, protein powder. It's usually easy to find Greek yogurt in the airport (although you will pay 3-4 bucks for 1.20 worth)...

Almond butter says it must be refrigerated but I've never had a problem if you eat the jar in 4-5 days.

3. Mar 27, 2013 #3

aagrumman

aagrumman

aagrumman

What he said but the tuna.... That crap is gross on a hot day in the cockpit

4. Mar 27, 2013 #4

Jimmy Hoffa

Jimmy Hoffa

Jimmy Hoffa

There's some guy beach body Rob who sells cell phones, protein, and stolen children on this website.

5. Mar 27, 2013 #5

kc0wmv

kc0wmv

kc0wmv

Serious answer for a serious question.

I eat a very high protein diet along with P90X workouts. I do the workouts a little out of order, but only on a maintenance basis. I carry the DVD's that don't require the equipment: Plyometrics, Yoga, Kenpo and Stretch.

As far as the food I carry, I'm pretty picky, focusing only on food high in protein and low in fat and carbs. When I leave for a 4 day, my menu consists of chicken breasts and pork chops cooked the night before, tuna packs (in water, not oil), Premier Protein bars and Six Star Whey Isolate Elite Series powder. Get creative with the meat so you don't get sick of them. I season them all differently.

The protein bars are the cheapest ones and, ironically, have the best protein/fat/carb ratio (43%/20%/37%) compared to any other protein bar. The only place I can find them as at Wal-Mart and Sam's.

The powder is used to boost my total percentage of calories that come from protein (I shoot for 40+% daily). The drink, when made with water, has a protein/fat/carb ratio of 93%/4%/3%.

Of course, I also carry fruit and veggies. Apples, oranges, broccoli, snap peas, etc.

6. Mar 27, 2013 #6

coolyokeluke

coolyokeluke

coolyokeluke

Hard boiled eggs. McD's will sell you a plain grilled chicken breast, you just have to ask for it and get past the sometimes confused entry level employee at the counter.

7. Mar 27, 2013 #7

Flyjustin

Flyjustin

Flyjustin

Organic oatmeal and a little container of organic honey. Organic peanut butter, and pick up fruits throughout the airport.

8. Mar 27, 2013 #8

ejpogo

ejpogo

ejpogo

Kind Bars and Lara Bars are good for snacks. About the only semi-descent airport food are those yogurt smoothies that some places have. Depends which airport you are at.

I usually carry zip-lock bags of whey protein and a combo pack of Cytomax and Amino Acids. The protein is taken after workouts around 2+ hours. The combo of Cyto and Amino Acids are used during workouts, and are measured out based on the length and intensity of the workouts that I do, which is just running, weights and swimming on the road.

You can find descent food on the road. I typically get my feed-bag for the day at a descent place with better foods like chicken and stuff.

If you are doing lots of endurance, you may want to take Omegas with you and a good supplement with anti-oxidants. That should get rid of the free radicals that will build up in your body when you start increasing the amount of workout time you are doing.

PM me if you have any questions.

Eric Pogodzinski

9. Mar 27, 2013 #9

j3tDr1v3r

j3tDr1v3r

j3tDr1v3r

We used to have a Captain (currently at SWA) who was a professional bodybuilder and currently consults for professional contest prep as his side gig. I have no idea how serious your wanting to get, but if you want that level of expertise, PM me and I can get you in touch with him. He has proper eating on a 4 day down to a science!

10. Mar 27, 2013 #10

aviatrix

aviatrix

aviatrix

I used to compete in fitness comps and had to carry around a ton of food. I brought grilled chicken, fish, eggwhites, sweet potato, rice, veggies etc. put then in ziplock bags instead of Tupperware for space and just kept it iced. Don't forget there are refrigerators in every base that you can leave stuff and pick up as you pass through (including fresh ice packs). Also alot of hotel have a fridge on request. It's a pain but if you want it badly enough you can make it work :)

11. Mar 27, 2013 #11

jjsmooth

jjsmooth

jjsmooth

[video=youtube;ui3lPtcsuH8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui3lPtcsuH8[/video]
    This is all I need. Get's me all jacked every time.

12. Mar 28, 2013 #12

ApocketA_145

ApocketA_145

ApocketA_145

Thank you all very much!! im gettin the menu all together... thanks again

13. Mar 28, 2013 #13

nixon

nixon

nixon

Low fat/hardly any sugar in the protein shakes from Costco, 21 grams of protein per shake. Not powder but I generally fit six in one of my bags to supplement chicken, eggs, tuna, etc. Here is cooling trick I learned recently. Take the trash can in your room and place your food in the bottom (in a trash bag from the airplane or the laundry bag.) Then fill with ice from the ice machine and top it with a towel or two. This will keep your food cold all night. Can't believe I never heard of that trick before. If you have a choice, obviously pick the thickest trash can you can find in your room.

14. Mar 28, 2013 #14

kc0wmv

kc0wmv

kc0wmv

Be careful with this if you're looking for high protein. The yolks are very high in fat and low in protein in comparison with the whites. Calorie vs Protein/Fat/Carb ratio- Yolks: 54 calories, 20%/75%/5%; Whites: 17 calories, 91%/3%/6%.

If you're gonna snack on eggs, I usually will eat one whole one and then take the yolk out of any others and eat just the whites.

15. Mar 28, 2013 #15

judge

judge

judge

Wrong forum. Go to bodybuilding.com. Way more info there.

The hardest macro nutrient to get on the road is protein. Just bring tuna or protein powders/bars. I use an app called my fitness pal. I use it to accurately track macros daily.

16. Mar 28, 2013 #16

judge

judge

judge

And with that app you can set your daily calorie goals for super accurate cutting or bulking. I've been using it for three months now and I have lost over two inches on my waist and put an inch on my arms. Invaluable if you ask me.

17. Mar 28, 2013 #17

Cgpilot

Cgpilot

Cgpilot

I'm on hiatus from running due to a bum knee, but I second the almond butter.

Packing for a trip, Kind Bars, bananas, Greek yogurt, quinoa, baby carrots, apples. Maybe prepare some lean grass-fed taco meat for fajitas. Check out Rick Bayless' ground beef seasoning at the store, it's incredible.

18. Mar 28, 2013 #18

Jimmy Hoffa

Jimmy Hoffa

Jimmy Hoffa

This thread is a recipe for the smelliest cockpit ever

19. Mar 29, 2013 #19

ExecNav

ExecNav

ExecNav

Spring mix/spinach, hard boiled eggs, homemade jerky, homemade almond butter, nuts and seeds, homemade full fat Greek yogurt, bottle of olive oil, turkey, cherry tomatoes, sardines, berries, extra virgin coconut oil, a few avocados, bacon, cheese, fish oil supplements, and a good multivitamin.

Also, ITB exercise tools, pushup bars, and some good running shoes.

20. Mar 29, 2013 #20

xjtpilot518

xjtpilot518

xjtpilot518

What type of tuna? The bagged crap?