American TA passes with 73% majority

Discussion in 'The Pipe' started by Elusive Napkin, Dec 7, 2012.

Help Support The Pipe by donating:

1. Dec 7, 2012 #1
  2. Dec 7, 2012 #2

nixon

nixon

nixon

As will the United TA.

3. Dec 7, 2012 #3

jjsmooth

jjsmooth

jjsmooth

Anybody have a link to the new pay rates?

4. Dec 7, 2012 #4

qotsaautopilot

qotsaautopilot

qotsaautopilot

And there goes the career

5. Dec 7, 2012 #5

V2+15

V2+15

V2+15

That's good to see. Hopefully we can get that kind of turn-out here once our NON-CONCESSIONARY (according to Chris Belcastro) TA is passed by the MEC and submitted for pilot vote. By the time a NON-CONCESSIONARY TA hits the floor for voting, that might mean all 2,811 pilots on the latest "XJT" Seniority List will be eligible to vote. 96% would be 2,698 pilots...

I still think there needs to be a "call-down" initiative to verbally notify those that are on record as not having cast a ballot once that gets underway. Just tossing out ideas......

ETA:
    jjsmooth...if that's your wife or girlfriend, color me officially envious!!!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  6. Dec 7, 2012 #6

mack82

mack82

mack82

And no RESET button this time around!!!

7. Dec 7, 2012 #7

jjsmooth

jjsmooth

jjsmooth

View attachment 2805

ETA:
    jjsmooth...if that's your wife or girlfriend, color me officially envious!!![/QUOTE]
    No, but she is smokin hot too IMO.

8. Dec 8, 2012 #8

rjacobs

rjacobs

rjacobs

If anybody actually read the TA for a BK TA, it wasnt that bad. If they voted this TA down the next step wasnt good from what my contacts over there say.

9. Dec 8, 2012 #9

V2+15

V2+15

V2+15

I realize you're just playing messenger, but DAYUM that sounds familiar!! And I was one of the morons that fell for it here...

10. Dec 8, 2012 #10

SAABoroowski

SAABoroowski

SAABoroowski

They got this passed to help push along the merger with AA/Airways.......I'd imagine they will have one huge airline with a good contract within 5 years..........If people were smart, they would have applied,or will apply to Airways.....eat crap for a year or two and have the next 30 years of your career actually be rewarding, comfortable etc....... I know a lot changes but good seniority usually makes anything tolerable

Of course there is the issue of over 3,000 Eagle pilots that were promised jobs at AA.........

Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  11. Dec 8, 2012 #11

jjsmooth

jjsmooth

jjsmooth

I've been stuck here so long I don't have another 30 years left to my career.

12. Dec 9, 2012 #12

rjacobs

rjacobs

rjacobs

I was hearing it from union and management types over there that the creditors committee(who actually makes the decisions while in BK) was pretty much ready to shut the doors if they couldnt get the pilots on board. The creditors committee also isnt really interested in a merger with USAir and could, in theory, get more out of their money by closing the doors and selling all the assets. There have been members of the creditors committee that are calling for a completely new BOD at AMR following the exit of BK, and I believe the pilots get at least 1 seat if not 2 on that new board.

As far as a merger with USAir and AA, I think that would be a TERRIBLE merger. They havent even gotten their merger from 2005 done. They bring NOTHING to AMR, AMR brings EVERYTHING to USAir. The AA pilots think they want the merger to get rid of the current management team at AA, but I dont think that they realize that Doug Parker might be even worse(if he even sticks around). I also dont think that they realize that as soon as they exit BK Tom Horton will be gone with his 10's of millions of dollars and a new management team will be brought in anyway, he aint going to stick around.

The scenario I see is that IF they merge Doug Parker will sign this ridiculous contract he has already basically agreed to(which their new contract actually contains BETTER pay rates anyway), guarantee the pensions will stay intact, attempt to get the 3 pilot groups merged, etc... and then he will cut bait and run with a HUGE golden parachute and the new CEO of the combined company will come in and go "uh, well, uh, we cant afford this contract, you signed that with the old guy, etc..." and will dump the new combined company back into BK and right back where they started.

I think the best thing for AA to do is emerge from BK as a stand alone and THEN and only THEN start looking at a merger with USAir. If the deal is good today, the deal will be good tomorrow. And if the deal isnt good tomorrow, than it probably wasnt that great of a deal today.

13. Dec 9, 2012 #13

SAABoroowski

SAABoroowski

SAABoroowski

20 years, 15 years, whatever :)

14. Dec 10, 2012 #14

lap

lap

lap

You do know that three out of the nine members of the creditors committee are the three largest unions, including APA, and they have already stated they want a merger with USAir. You only need to others to go along.

15. Dec 10, 2012 #15

rjacobs

rjacobs

rjacobs

yes but the other 6 dont act on emotion like the 3 work groups do(or seem to have been doing). They act on $$$$$$$$$. The work groups at AA want Tom Horton gone and they are basically willing to do anything possible to get that guy out of there including endorse a merger. There are a lot of guys over there with blinders on.

Now I am not saying Tom Horton is a good or bad guy, I dont know anything about him except if he gets AA out of BK as a stand alone he stands to gain like 50 million bucks as an "exit bonus" or something along those lines. Supposedly if AA and USAir merge while AA is still in BK than Tom Horton doesnt get his money.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  16. Dec 10, 2012 #16

pscraig

pscraig

pscraig

The lack of restrictions on alliance flying with Alaska and especially regional jet flying is appalling in this TA. I thought Delta really failed when they passed their new contract; is RJ scope really dead? Do these mainline pilots really think this is the best deal they could get? I mean, they can't all fly the 757/767/777. Because that's all that will be left if this trend continues.

17. Dec 10, 2012 #17

qotsaautopilot

qotsaautopilot

qotsaautopilot

Agreed!!!!!!!

18. Dec 10, 2012 #18

Johnso28

Johnso28

Johnso28

Delta's latest contract has more restrictive scope, and greater Codeshare/JV protections then the previous contract. It also established a narrow body block hour(including domestic only B767's)ratio that ensures mainline block hours will always be GREATER then regional block hours.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  19. Dec 10, 2012 #19

jsbqb11

jsbqb11

jsbqb11

Yet another tasty avatar kid...

20. Dec 10, 2012 #20

pscraig

pscraig

pscraig

Didn't know that, need to dig up the new DL contract and have a look. This is good to hear, very good.