Custom Search
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How Understaffed are we today

Hey Guys! Please don't giggle, laugh, or throw buttered rolls from the back of the room.

Every morning that I have gone through KCM. Screw Scheduling has called to tell me I am being rerouted to do something else with a different crew. Then there are CP letters begging me to volunteer for flying. Then Red Flag messages. I am on Day 3 with a third crew from another base.

How screwed up are we on staffing and what can we do to get the company's attention that enough is enough.

What exactly can the company do? Unless you mean the ACTUAL company (INC), in which case "getting their attention" is unlikely to change anything......since, ya know.....this is their plan.
    Soon to be retired.

Quote Originally Posted by ExBizJet View Post
    Hey Guys! Please don't giggle, laugh, or throw buttered rolls from the back of the room.

Every morning that I have gone through KCM. Screw Scheduling has called to tell me I am being rerouted to do something else with a different crew. Then there are CP letters begging me to volunteer for flying. Then Red Flag messages. I am on Day 3 with a third crew from another base.

How screwed up are we on staffing and what can we do to get the company's attention that enough is enough.
    The company is begging for your service and offering to pay you 50% more than normal.

Why would you want more staff?

Quote Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
    Why would you want more staff?
    (Insert mom joke here)
    Last edited by Read-Only; 07-16-2017 at 07:07 PM.
    Soon to be retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Read-Only View Post
    What exactly can the company do? Unless you mean the ACTUAL company (INC), in which case "getting their attention" is unlikely to change anything......since, ya know.....this is their plan.
    Yup their plan all along..... no union there, no backbone there, plenty here, and no votes when we were supposed to vote in concessions ! They will survive because they bend and say yes/ We will wither because we deliver outstanding performance stats, and we will get killed off. Performance does not matter, bottom line does.
    New TA coming ? I think I hear banjo music....

DEN->LGA->IAD->BOS->CVG->IAD->EWR->IAH->LAX->IAH->ORD->DEN->ORD->BOS->DEN
    Quote Originally Posted by ExBizJet View Post

Attrition combined with the scheduled planes leaving will alleviate any staffing issues.

The CPP will create movement, which means reserve CA's will become line holders, senior FO's will finally upgrade, reserve FO's will become lineholders, and XJT will attract pilots.

(Insert mom joke here)
    Well played.
    Defeated/disgruntled lifer......

That's all nice in theory...but who is going to come to a place with a 10 year upgrade. I think our attrition still outpaces hiring even with the bonus.

DEN->LGA->IAD->BOS->CVG->IAD->EWR->IAH->LAX->IAH->ORD->DEN->ORD->BOS->DEN
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkDiggler View Post
    That's all nice in theory...but who is going to come to a place with a 10 year upgrade. I think our attrition still outpaces hiring even with the bonus.
    Sigh.........it's a shame when even the most obvisous sarcasm pointing out that management/MEC announcement gaffs are missed.....

Rerfernce post #10 here;

http://www.expressjetpilots.com/the-...-saw-it-on-APC
    Defeated/disgruntled lifer......

Quote Originally Posted by DirkDiggler View Post
    Last edited by judge; 07-17-2017 at 04:10 PM.
    Mmmm... crack pipe....

Though to put it in perspective, Skywest doesn't do anything United-related without United's direction. Could you imagine if United said "we want so many 145's to do such-and-such," and Skywest came back and said "no United, you don't understand, here is the plan we are up to...."

Don't kid yourself that St. George is really in charge.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Share This Thread

Share This Thread