Custom Search

Thread: TRC overnight

Has it improved from what I read on the Hotel app? Free b-fast delivered to your room? Safe area? -Thks

I wouldn't venture out too far, it's always been a gritty town. My last time there was around 2 years ago. The FA was a complete idiot (go figure)and decided to be a tourist. She walked through some side streets with a giant camera hanging around her neck and was trying to find a historic religious statue. She said people were yelling at her as she was walking down some empty streets. She came across 2 masked police officers arresting some dude on the sidewalk and apparently she thought that would make an excellent photo opportunity. The cops grabbed her camera and deleted the pics then told her to leave. She's lucky they didn't take her camera.

I just stayed at the hotel bar.

Been a few years since I've overnighted there, but don't do anything stupid (like the story above) and you'll be fine, just use common sense. Get outta the hotel bar and enjoy some tacos.
    I'm a management lackey, and an ALPA pawn, or so I've been told here on the Pipe.

I typically don't mind wandering around a little in Mexico but TRC is probably the least safe of the cities we go to down there. It's still maybe one notch above Shreveport or Little Rock though.
    Last edited by Jetlinker; 03-16-2015 at 03:33 PM.

I thought saltio was bad. I don't mind Mexico too much, cause there are some nice places that we stay in (I think) I just saw trc on open time and was wondering cause it doesn't seem the xjthotels app is updated a lot.

Just did 33 hours down there. The hotel Van will take you everywhere. We went to a museum, the mall, and a good taco joint called Tio Taco. Fun times. Good free breakfast too or an amazing buffet for 100 pesos.

Quote Originally Posted by balsone View Post
    Just did 33 hours down there. The hotel Van will take you everywhere. We went to a museum, the mall, and a good taco joint called Tio Taco. Fun times. Good free breakfast too or an amazing buffet for 100 pesos.
    And the hotel chick working in the executive lounge is usually pretty hot.
    -Foot on the pedal, never ever false metal....-

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomHawk View Post
    And the hotel chick working in the executive lounge is usually pretty hot.
    True, except she has captains wings and the van driver has a known crewmember tag on the car keys. Maybe they killed a pilot at some point. Nobody go to torreon, the hotel staff will kill you!

Quote Originally Posted by balsone View Post
    True, except she has captains wings and the van driver has a known crewmember tag on the car keys. Maybe they killed a pilot at some point. Nobody go to torreon, the hotel staff will kill you!
    I personally know a guy that smashed one of those chicks.....so I think she has Captain's wings through other means. (I doubted his story....until he showed me pictures.....ugh)
    -Foot on the pedal, never ever false metal....-

Share This Thread

Share This Thread