Custom Search
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: After the NO vote?

After the 'no' vote? Peaches and cream.

Mesa, Republic, and XJT have all been successful in the past of securing or keeping future flying while in negotiations with work groups. Brad your update was long and maybe an honest explanation but I am still voting NO because XJT/ASA pilots deserve better.

After a no vote we will quickly have a contract decided by an arbitrator who will laugh in our faces and agree with management that the contract presented is better than all other regional pilot contracts. We may even get less once an arbitrator comes into the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by SIDEWINDER View Post
    I can't make any of the "shows". If our union reps are promoting this contract, what happens when we vote no? Do they get us another crap TA to vote on? If this TA was the best they could do, how can we expect anything better in future negotiations? Serious question, if we can vote this down how do we move forward? Anything worse than what we have now, in QOL or pay is a NO vote. I shouldn't have to tell a union rep that. That should be a given, by any pilot at this company (ASA or L-XJT).
    According to the roadshow, we will go to mediation with the National Mediation Board. As we have already worked with them in the negotiation, the NMB indicates that we will be a low priority. NMB says to expect a three year process, based on other airline mediations. Only a very slight chance to be released to self-help (strike) and only after an extended period of mediation. This is straight from the roadshow.

Arbitration is not part of the process at any time.
    Last edited by Springfield; 12-02-2013 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Revised self-help language

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles View Post
    Mesa, Republic, and XJT have all been successful in the past of securing or keeping future flying while in negotiations with work groups. Brad your update was long and maybe an honest explanation but I am still voting NO because XJT/ASA pilots deserve better.

This is what I am curious about... what does "bidding for new contracts" have to do with labor contracts? Republic seems to be doing just fine getting new CPA's/airplanes. And they've been in contract negotiations for YEARS!
    Keith Holman, IAH FO

Quote Originally Posted by KarlHungus View Post
    According to Brad's update we will wind down
    Wind down into bankruptcy court?

We don't have to be in bankruptcy to wind down. Leases will not be renewed; maybe revoked. UAL and ASA/XJT could mutaully agree to cancel the contract. They can't do that on a moment's notice, however. Hence--wind-down. If it takes 3 yrs to get to mediation, so be it. 3 yrs under our current pay and work rules is quite a while. If they wind down, it'll still take that long.

Six major corporations own 90% of all the major news outlets.

The median net worth of a member of Congress climbed to $913,000, a 15 percent increase from 2004 to 2010. During the same period, the net worth of the average American dropped 8 percent.

A state of war only serves as an excuse for domestic tyranny. -
    Alexander Solzhenitsyn, Soviet dissident

Quote Originally Posted by Kip Dynomite View Post
    After a no vote we will quickly have a contract decided by an arbitrator who will laugh in our faces and agree with management that the contract presented is better than all other regional pilot contracts. We may even get less once an arbitrator comes into the picture.
    The JCBA cannot go to arbitration.

ETA - I sure hope you were kidding, cause it scares me to think people might believe it can go to arbitration and vote with that consideration.
    Last edited by The Red Baron; 12-02-2013 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Baron View Post
    The JCBA cannot go to arbitration.

ETA - I sure hope you were kidding, cause it scares me to think people might believe it can go to arbitration and vote with that consideration.
    It would go to the NMB and that wouldn't be too awesome

4,000 pilots out on strike wouldn't be too awesome for UAL and DAL either.

Six major corporations own 90% of all the major news outlets.

The median net worth of a member of Congress climbed to $913,000, a 15 percent increase from 2004 to 2010. During the same period, the net worth of the average American dropped 8 percent.

A state of war only serves as an excuse for domestic tyranny. -
    Alexander Solzhenitsyn, Soviet dissident

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information