Custom Search

Thread: Howie Mandel

Ok, so I've got nothing to do sitting at home alone tonight so as I'm flipping I decided to watch "Deal or No Deal." I had seen some ads for this show before, but never watched it. I was surprised as hell when they said the freaky looking bald guy host was Howie Mandel. My question is:

When did Howie Mandel lose his 80s style long curly hair in exchange for the Mr. Clean look?

Maybe sometime after I saw his terrible act in 1998. Everyone who saw it thought he was on drugs. Maybe he shaved it after rehab.

Actually, he is one of those germaphobes (spelling?). He has a severe phobia of germs and will not even shake hands with anyone. Watch the show and you'll notice he NEVER shakes hands. Anyway, he said in an interview that having his head shaved makes him feel clean and it tends to ease his phobia of all the germs.

god i cant beleive i know that

Maybe germs are the reason he always had a rubber glove on his head.

Actually, there was a blurb in last weekend's Hou Chron that said he shaved it for a role, although it didn't specify which one. His wife said it made him look good, so he kept the "style."

God, it's pathetic I know this...even worse I'm posting it.

What kind of roll are you talking about? Did he trade it for a dinner roll or something? Or are you able to bet your hair when playing Craps these days? Either way, this guy must be really be hard up if he's resorting to using his hair as currency...
    "Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop."
    -Lewis Carrol, Alice in Wonderland

Just look at the mullet he had.. it was disgusting. His barber told him to stop looking like and a$$hole and cut the mullet!!
    The stuff that I write in this forum is my personal opinion. I probably pulled it out off my a$$ and has nothing to do with the opinions, rules, business plans of my former employer or my current employer.
    XJT alum 01/05-3/08

Quote Originally Posted by Fats Schindee
    What kind of roll are you talking about? Did he trade it for a dinner roll or something? Or are you able to bet your hair when playing Craps these days? Either way, this guy must be really be hard up if he's resorting to using his hair as currency...
    ****, Fats, you caught me. But you can rest easy, friend, because I temporarily suspended my policy of not reading posts that contain spelling or grammatical errors, in order to edit my post to display the proper homonym. Now everyone who hasn't yet seen the thread can waste time figuring out what the hell we're writing about.

Don't worry about it, man... I'm just fukking with you. I just have nothing meaningful to say, so the only way I can contribute to this board is by pointing out others' spelling and grammar errors. That way I can feel that I'm doing something useful and positive with my life... (if I didn't become a pilot I was going to be a spelling teacher!).

I would hope others would correct me if I'm wrong, too (although I know many of you don't give rat's *** whether your posts are correct or not, and furthermore wouldn't waste your time correcting anyone else, since you don't bother getting your own right). That way we can all learn from each others mistakes... kinda like aviation and the "regs written from blood", so to speak. Except that when you spell something wrong or use the wrong word or grammar, you don't die... you just look like an uneducated idiot. So I'm (and some other peeps on here are) a spelling nazi; it's for the betterment of our pilot group.

Except that some of you just never learn...

...the word is LOSE... not LOOSE... GOSH!!!

A'ight, spelling police out... word!
    "Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop."
    -Lewis Carrol, Alice in Wonderland

Thread Information