As you know, Southwest Airlines has approached the City of Houston about expanding Hobby to allow international flights. In response, Mayor Parker requested the Houston Airport System have an independent consultant do a study on the viability of an international expansion. The study was released April 9, 2012 and a formal presentation was given to City Council the following week.

As chair of the Budget and Fiscal Affairs Committee, I will be co-hosting meetings with Council Member Melissa Noriega, chair of the Transportation, Technology & Infrastructure Committee, to further discuss Southwest’s request. The first meeting will have presentations by Houston Airport System consultants, Southwest, and United. Then two additional evening meetings will be held, one by each airport, to receive public comment.

All City Council Committees are open to the public, and I encourage you to attend. Details are as follows:

Tuesday, May 8, 2012, 9:00 a.m.

City Council Chambers, City Hall, 2nd floor, 901 Bagby, Houston, TX 77002

· Presentations by HAS consultants, Southwest Airlines, and United Airlines

· Public Comment

Wednesday, May 9, 2012, 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.

Doubletree Hotel JFK, 15747 JFK Boulevard, Houston, TX 77032

· Presentation by Andy Icken, Chief Development Officer, City of Houston

· Public Comment

Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.

Marriott Houston South at Hobby Airport, 9100 Gulf Freeway, Houston, TX 77017

· Presentation by Andy Icken, Chief Development Officer, City of Houston

· Public Comment

It is an honor to represent the people of Houston on City Council. Again, thank you for contacting my office.

Sincerely,

Stephen C. Costello

Houston City Council At-Large Position 1