Custom Search
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Enrolled Friend

Has everyone's enrolled friends been added yet? I know it said some time in April but my second enrolled friend still hasn't shown up. Should I keep being patient or send the travel bureau an email?

They delayed it to May 31st. They won't prorate the $200, but instead were generous enough to give us buddypasses back temporarily so your intended 2nd friend who already paid $200 can now pay an additional fee to get bumped from all of United's oversold flights as an SA7.

Why did Continental have to merge with the world's shittiest airline?

Quote Originally Posted by Jetlinker View Post
    They delayed it to May 31st. They won't prorate the $200, but instead were generous enough to give us buddypasses back temporarily so your intended 2nd friend who already paid $200 can now pay an additional fee to get bumped from all of United's oversold flights as an SA7.

The $200 2nd friend is going to have to pay to get bumped after May 31st, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Titleist View Post
    The $200 2nd friend is going to have to pay to get bumped after May 31st, you know.
    Correct, but the segment fees are much less than the buddypass fees.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetlinker View Post

You do realize that this was a problem in Continental's software right?

Quote Originally Posted by DurangoMac View Post
    You do realize that this was a problem in Continental's software right?
    Yes, it wasn't charging the segment fees. The right thing to do would have been to let them travel without the segment fee until they fixed the glitch, not take benefits away which they had already paid for and expect them to pay 2-3 times the segment fee to now ride a useless buddy pass. It's a fu*king rip off.

I realize continental wasn't perfect either, but many of these types of decisions are a reflection of legacy United's established way of doing things.
    Last edited by Jetlinker; 04-18-2012 at 03:57 PM.

The new buddy pass fees are much more expensive then they were last year. I booked a friend on the exact same flight and it went up over 60 dollars. WTF... My buddies have never been bumped off but it really hurts for those of us who are dating girls and like to take them on a quick booty trip. I don't want give them my "good" pass until they've earned it.
    I know I look a little older but thatís just because I drink and smoke heavily and work with chemicals and sleep on my face

Jeff is making sure to take the worst from both United and Continental, and he is sure we'll all like the changes!

Rot in hell, Jeff!

Dredging this one up to ask two quick questions.

• Has anyone added a Friend recently? In other words... Can we still add an Enrolled Friend this late in the year?
    • For those that added a Friend (after the system finally allowed it), how long did it take to get them on your JA list?

Thanks guys,

Bob
    Bob Moyer

EWR FO -> IAH FO -> SAT FO -> IAH CA -> ONT CA -> EWR CA........................The circle is complete.
    ------------------------------
    Maine... The way life should be.

You can now add a friend at any time. There was a MyMessage a few months ago regarding this. I did it, and it took about a week and a half.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information