Custom Search

Thread: Pinnacle furloughs coming

Word on the street 700 to 1000 pilots furloughed by fall 2012.

When you park 65+ airplanes its going to happen. No surprise there. We parked 30 and furloughed 350, so if they are parking at least double that so 700 isnt out of the question. I dont know if I would say 1000 furloughs though unless something else happens and they park more than 65 airplanes. I would venture a guess at 800. That is if they dont offer any kind of early out(if they even can while in BK), LOA's, etc... like we did.

I hope we are setting up a preferential interview deal with them.
    Read your contract.

dont worry guys, that pilot shortage is just around the corner!
    Disclaimers: are stupid.

Unfortunately it's a shuffle. The Q400s and CRJ900s will continue to fly presumably by some other carriers who will have to hire to staff them. Same goes for the mechanics. The Q mechanics who work for Colgan at EWR will get hired @ year 1 pay by whoever gets awarded the flying.

Yea my buddy over there told me about this a couple days ago. Sucks! I think he got hired in '07, and his said he thinks he might be ok! Best of luck to them!
    SA5X06

Quote Originally Posted by Corso View Post
    Unfortunately it's a shuffle. The Q400s and CRJ900s will continue to fly presumably by some other carriers who will have to hire to staff them. Same goes for the mechanics. The Q mechanics who work for Colgan at EWR will get hired @ year 1 pay by whoever gets awarded the flying.
    It's a terrible situation for a lot of people. I know that I would not take a job that would return me to year one pay. I would find a job in another industry. It amazes me how people are shuffled around like cattle Hopefully this industry is in for a rude awakening and a lot of people move on to something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Corso View Post
    Ok can't speak for the CRJ's (those aren't Colgan's) but I have flown with a couple of ex Colgan FO's who've told me scary sh1t about pencil whipped mnx logbooks at Colgan. Mostly on the Saabs but a leopard doesn't change it's spots !

Oh and no earth shattering spoiler here, the FAA is completely aware of the situation over there. Hence recent fines and probably more than a bit part player in the holding groups decision to shut that sh1t down !!!

I can't comment on the quality of EWR, but a lot of Colgan's mnx was outsourced to podunk outfits on overnight stopovers. (Kind of like us in MX ! )
    New TA coming ? I think I hear banjo music....

Quote Originally Posted by Fozzie Bear View Post
    (Kind of like us in MX ! )
    Are you talking about Mexico? If so I have gotten FAR better maintenance down in Mexico than by our own guys in a hub(sadly). I dont know who you dealt with, but the 4 or 5 times I have had something done, I was really impressed by them. Its also Mexican law(what I was told) that their people have to work on our a/c(for the most part).

It is true that it can be a pain in the *** down there due to having to make multiple phone calls back to the states, trying to get the info translated, etc..., but the actual quality of the work and the mechanic going above and beyond what I thought was going to happen always impressed me.
    Read your contract.

Thread Information