Custom Search
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 94

Thread: Why are pilots checking in?

  1. #11
    If a pilot checks in and it doesn't mean anything, does anybody really care? I don't.
    Crew Scheduling. Partner. Ally. Friend.
    Reply With Quote

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by g-code View Post
    If a pilot checks in and it doesn't mean anything, does anybody really care? I don't.
    If the CBA/Contract doesn't mean anything to you, then maybe you shouldn't care.

    As I see it, any voluntary concession to the CBA could be interpreted by an arbitrator (who may find it DOES MEAN SOMETHING) that a check-in is standard operating procedure. In which case, any bargaining leverage our Negotiating Committee may have, would immediately be gone.

    Maybe you haven't been here long enough to consider what the Negotiating Committee has actually given up to have the "check-in clause" stricken.

    Do you care now?

    Don't set a precedent.

  3. #13
    FYI......I called the CA out on checking in and yes he is a senior CA. He said "what is the big deal"..... I said " it's not in the contract to do it so don't do it. He is that guy. Can't wait for the trip to be over!

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by ottolhp View Post
    FYI......I called the CA out on checking in and yes he is a senior CA. He said "what is the big deal"..... I said " it's not in the contract to do it so don't do it. He is that guy. Can't wait for the trip to be over!
    The big deal is it's hard to argue our case against being forced to do it, if DB's like him keep doing it.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Texan Aviator View Post
    The big deal is it's hard to argue our case against being forced to do it, if DB's like him keep doing it.
    Not flaming here, but what happens if you don't show to the aircraft? Just trying to understand how things work on the ERJ side.

    On our side we have checked in the whole time I've been here, so I don't have a frame of reference for the way you guys do it.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Southerner View Post
    Not flaming here, but what happens if you don't show to the aircraft? Just trying to understand how things work on the ERJ side.

    On our side we have checked in the whole time I've been here, so I don't have a frame of reference for the way you guys do it.
    Gotcha. Well, we're professional airline pilots. We can keep track of our schedules without telling mommy and daddy we know we have work tomorrow. Around 25min out, if one of the crew isn't there I'll either call their cell if I know them, or call ops to have them call the guy/girl and check on them. This is very rare and nine times outta ten they were just running late so I do everything to help out so we can stay on time.... Never been an issue for us since we got the "must check in" crap removed from our contract. If you have trouble keeping track of your schedule you can have a meeting with the CPO after a missed trip. Otherwise you're good to go.

    It's possible a guy can click check in, then space out too... Should we have a double check in and call to verify the double check in?
    Last edited by Texan Aviator; 04-11-2012 at 04:45 AM.
    Reply With Quote

  7. #17
    I just checked in at a bar...and gona check out @ about 2.0

  8. #18
    Two years of back pay for deice in ord.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Southerner View Post
    Not flaming here, but what happens if you don't show to the aircraft? Just trying to understand how things work on the ERJ side.

    On our side we have checked in the whole time I've been here, so I don't have a frame of reference for the way you guys do it.
    If you're running late (traffic/flat tire/etc.) here you're expected to call the crew tracker before your show time and say "hey I'm running late, I'll be there at xxx time", it gives them the chance to find someone else, the chief pilot will give you a:"hey, thanks for calling, commuter drop, see ya"

    If you forget a trip, your ca/Fo calls the crew tracker at 25 mins prior to push and they recrew. The chief pilot will give you a: "that's a missed trip, don't do that again, bad bad pilot".

    How often do pilots forget? I don't know but I'm thinking it's very very few times and it's certainly not fair to make every single pilot do some stupid check-in so we know 25 minutes earlier about that one pilot who will probably never forget again.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Texan Aviator View Post
    ...Never been an issue for us since we got the "must check in" crap removed from our contract....
    If I remember correctly the "check-in" we used to have here was where we could check-in on-line in the 24 hours prior to our show as a "yes I know I have a trip tomorrow".

    As i understand it the ASA check-in is way, way, waaay more onerous in having to go to the crew room at show time to check in. That would be a MAJOR concession, why would any IDIOT check-in if it lets the company argue " well we had xxxx pilots check-ins last month".
    Last edited by irishNJ; 04-11-2012 at 06:58 AM.
    Reply With Quote

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Share This Thread

Share This Thread

Posting Permissions