Custom Search
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are pilots checking in?

All kidding aside, if I have check in then that's when I start to get paid...you want a time clock well that's how they work...I drive to work in Jersey there is no guarantee what time I'll get there but i will let u know if its not looking good, and we can go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by ottolhp View Post
    FYI......I called the CA out on checking in and yes he is a senior CA. He said "what is the big deal"..... I said " it's not in the contract to do it so don't do it. He is that guy. Can't wait for the trip to be over!
    give us his name so he can get 50 notes/pieces of dog shyt in a ziplock bag in his V-file at the same time and Ill bet you 100% he never checks in again.

actions speak louder than words
    Disclaimers: are stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Dane Weiss View Post
    All kidding aside, if I have check in then that's when I start to get paid...you want a time clock well that's how they work...I drive to work in Jersey there is no guarantee what time I'll get there but i will let u know if its not looking good, and we can go from there.
    ^^^^^^^^ DING DING DING! WINNER!!!

Southerner...Texan Aviator is spot on. We're (ahem) adults here, for the most part, and we know we have a responsibility to show up for work.

For the XJT guys/gals, don't confuse "Self-Notify" with "Checking In". Self-Notify might be used at the reserve level to alleviate crew scheduling from having to make so many phone calls every day. I'm more than happy to Self-Notify indicating to scheduling that "Yes...I've seem my assignment. Don't call me". It does not release me to show or relieve me from my obligation to answer the phone, but at least I don't get the call at 0600 for an 0800 show and I can get an extra half hour of sleep.

Start making me CHECK IN? Like Dane said...we've electronically "punched a clock" and I don't know one job in the world that you DON'T start getting paid once you punch the clock. NEGOTIATORS...ARE YOU LISTENING?????

ETA: Yes...it would be a concession should this be mandatory and the XJT guys/gals don't receive anything in return. Like starting our pay when you check in or at your show time, whichever is later. HINT HINT JNC.
    Last edited by V2+15; 04-11-2012 at 07:50 AM.
    "If you're a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too..." - Maj. Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th PIR, 101st Airborne
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have" - Gerald R. Ford
    Blaming the NRA for Sandy Hook is like blaming AAA for Drunk Drivers

R.I.P. United States Constitution
    4 MAR 1789 - 6 NOV 2012

"Attitude reflect leadership, Captain"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Hoffa View Post
    give us his name so he can get 50 notes/pieces of dog shyt in a ziplock bag in his V-file at the same time and Ill bet you 100% he never checks in again.

Better hurry as the V-files are going away...
    Everything is awesome! Everything is cool when your part of the team...

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Hoffa View Post

You guys still have V-files?

I honestly don't even know how to check in. I seriously only get to the crew room (maybe) once during a trip. That's when I get my revision. It is very very rare that I don't just go straight to the airplane at the start of a pairing. When I do get to the crew room it's only to check the v file, and print paperwork which always seems to take at least two "printing" tries. I don't have time to log on to ASA.

I know, our duty time has the "intent" that we get to the crew room and get revisions and all that, but IAH isn't set up to do that in any shape or form. We get bussed to the wrong end of the airport, there isn't any employee line for us (we cut, but not really). It's getting more difficult to get paperwork, and you have to get the Gen Decs in an opposite pod from where the aircraft is.

Checking in would be an easier pill to swallow, if maybe just once they would do something that makes getting to work a bit easier. But adding yet another obstacle????? No way!

What I'm really ranting about is, how do these guys even find the time to "check in?"
    Last edited by Left Coast; 04-11-2012 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan Aviator View Post
    The big deal is it's hard to argue our case against being forced to do it, if DB's like him keep doing it.
    This very thing was mentioned on a conference call by the union.

What I don't understand is they can tell us in more than one email to not take the jumpseat on a deadhead, but they can't remind all the DB who are checking in to knock it off.

They made such a big deal about checking in and our lack of a requirement to do so, told the company "No, it's not going to be required. Thank you very much." Then the company says, "OK. We'll give you a six month no check in." But the union doesn't tell everyone, "BTW, STOP CHECKING IN." All that happens is on the conference call someone asks about it and they say, "Yes. We still have pilots checking in and its hurting our position and argument against it."

Hello? Can I get a "WTF"?

Quote Originally Posted by Jetlinker View Post
    Actually they did roll over on one list. We will never know for sure if it was a wise decision, but the MEC voted not to pursue one list as to keep Jerry from backing out of the purchase out of fear that we would not survive otherwise. Someone on the MEC at the time has stated as such.
    I've said this to a number of crews on the flightdeck, if the discussion comes up, and they all look at me like I'm from outer space. I'm glad to see that I'm not wrong on my understanding of this. I mean, I was on the conference calls and I see the emails, and I knew what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Left Coast View Post
    What I'm really ranting about is, how do these guys even find the time to "check in?"
    If you are referring to the ERJ guys, I have no idea. But if you are referring to the CRJ side, I have heard that they are bussed almost directly to their crew room, which does make it a tad easier. I may be wrong, but that is my understanding. At least in ATL.

On reserve with all the crew changes, and other base flying we do; things get f up all the time. A senior line holder never gets to see the mess scheduling makes of our schedules. They just wake up fly trip go home. Reserve is more like monkeys fn a football then the ball goes missing and the monkeys just runaround with a hard on.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information