Custom Search
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Why are pilots checking in?

Quote Originally Posted by qotsaautopilot View Post
    Why wouldn't you want to fly 8 hrs a day? If you did that you would have AT LEAST 18 days off every month. They litterally couldnt work you any more.
    With the flying we do out of ORD, it just isn't logistically possible to have all the flying done in 7-8 hour days without doing 4+ legs. I hate 4-5 leg days, it entails too much sitting at the gate not getting paid. aggravation with ramp, more paperwork, etc. Give me 2-3 legs, maybe 4 here and there, and then I would be interested. I just have no interest in busting my tail when I am at work in the name of a couple extra days off.

Quote Originally Posted by qotsaautopilot View Post
    8 hrs of flight pay every work day. Period

200% goes up 16 hrs min for showing up. Period
    Hah, good luck with that.

If anyone thinks it will be more than status quo I a bridge to sell you.

Quote Originally Posted by Spud Runner View Post
    With the flying we do out of ORD, it just isn't logistically possible to have all the flying done in 7-8 hour days without doing 4+ legs. I hate 4-5 leg days, it entails too much sitting at the gate not getting paid. aggravation with ramp, more paperwork, etc. Give me 2-3 legs, maybe 4 here and there, and then I would be interested. I just have no interest in busting my tail when I am at work in the name of a couple extra days off.
    I don't know you but I'm guessing you're a young single guy. When you have a family you want to make your monthly credit in as few days as possible to maximize time with family.

To do that you need to work the maximum time allowed during every work day. I come to work ready to work and I don't want my time to be wasted. If the company does not want to be my partner in that or the new rules prohibit that then my contract needs to protect me for a full days work.

I am away from my family to do a full days work and I expect to be compensated for that one way or another. I have no interest in sitting in BFE rj city all day for $1.80/hr. All I want is 8 hrs of pay for 8 hrs of work. If you cannot facilitate that for some reason that is not my concern.

Dallas, TX: EWR FO> IAH FO> ONT CA> WCW CA> EWR CA> CLE/ORD CA> IAH FO> ORD CA > MCI CA.. Good grief
    Quote Originally Posted by Spud Runner View Post
    I just have no interest in busting my tail when I am at work in the name of a couple extra days off.
    You'll get your wish soon enough... the fancy new Federal rest rules will see to that.
    Jeremy Ridout
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________
    EWR FO> IAH FO> ONT CA> WCW CA> EWR CA> CLE/ORD CA> IAH FO> ORD CA

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread Information