Custom Search
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Why are pilots checking in?

Quote Originally Posted by V2+15 View Post
    Bring back a Terminal B bus in IAH along with some other carrot and I MIGHT consider electronically checking. My big sticking point is once you click that button on the computer screen, you are now "on the clock"...why aren't you getting paid???
    Do you guys get paid for anything other than flight time? Our per diem starts when we check in, but our hourly pay is block out to block in.

I'm not understanding what pay you want to get at check in.

Quote Originally Posted by Southerner View Post
    Do you guys get paid for anything other than flight time? Our per diem starts when we check in, but our hourly pay is block out to block in.

We never will check in so it's a moot point. You guys can have the check in. It keeps you "on board" and it makes mankamyer feel good. Funny thing is--asa side checks in and still has more missed trips, late departures, and cancels due to crews than xjt.

Once again, be thankful at asa there is a tpa in place.

The beatings will continue until morale improves...
    Quote Originally Posted by Southerner

We're the same way. The pay I'm talking about receiving if we're REQUIRED to check in is my hourly rate IN ADDITION TO per diem. I'm sick and tired of the company thinking/telling me I'm not working one hour prior to "go time". MAKE me check in and it's like punching a clock.....start paying me my hourly rate at the time of check in or my show time, whichever occurs later. That pay would stop when we set the brake after the first leg or after a DHD if that's the first leg.
    Last edited by V2+15; 04-12-2012 at 06:00 PM.

Kind of a thread drift, but the truly FAIR way to pay a pilot would be to have THREE rates. A base hourly rate that starts at show time each day, a flight rate that starts at brake release and stops at brake set, and per diem for overnights. Per diem for 4 hour sits is horse$hit, and per diem for getting the flight ready is, too. The base rate could be maybe a third of the flight rate. Yeah, it would be complicated, but it would be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomHawk View Post
    Kind of a thread drift, but the truly FAIR way to pay a pilot would be to have THREE rates. A base hourly rate that starts at show time each day, a flight rate that starts at brake release and stops at brake set, and per diem for overnights. Per diem for 4 hour sits is horse$hit, and per diem for getting the flight ready is, too. The base rate could be maybe a third of the flight rate. Yeah, it would be complicated, but it would be fair.
    That's where Rigs come into play. For every X number of hours on duty it equals 1 hour of pay.
    Reid Bartlam
    PHL A320
    US Airways
    XJT 2004-2013
    Still and Will Always Be Crackpipe NAAncy

If I could personally greet every passenger on this airplane, what I'd say to you is "Thanks for flying with us. And I'll tell ya we're gonna do our very best to take good care of you."

8 hrs of flight pay every work day. Period

200% goes up 16 hrs min for showing up. Period
    Last edited by qotsaautopilot; 04-12-2012 at 07:04 PM.
    Send the emails to your reps. They are the ones with votes and the ones that can make change.

Cash works for the Reps, and the Reps work for YOU!!!!!- SAM LANDRY

Quote Originally Posted by qotsaautopilot View Post
    8 hrs of flight pay every work day. Period
    Even the most die-hard "NO" voter around has to admit that's a bit ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomHawk View Post
    Even the most die-hard "NO" voter around has to admit that's a bit ridiculous.
    no at all. Everyone else in the educated world gets 8hrs a day why shouldnt we? It would force the company to make the days as close to 8hrs of flying as possible and stay within the new duty time limits. Days off for everyone is the result. If they cant do that and still make unproductive crap with 12 days off then that translates into 144hrs of min credit.
    Send the emails to your reps. They are the ones with votes and the ones that can make change.

Cash works for the Reps, and the Reps work for YOU!!!!!- SAM LANDRY

Quote Originally Posted by qotsaautopilot View Post
    no at all. Everyone else in the educated world gets 8hrs a day why shouldnt we? It would force the company to make the days as close to 8hrs of flying as possible and stay within the new duty time limits. Days off for everyone is the result. If they cant do that and still make unproductive crap with 12 days off then that translates into 144hrs of min credit.
    I'm with Phantom. Trip rigs are the way to go. That is just too much and frankly, some days I don't want to fly a full 7-8 hour day. I feel a 2:1 trip rig for duty or 3:1 for TAFB would be fair. That'd ensure at least 25 hours credit for a 4 day.

Why wouldn't you want to fly 8 hrs a day? If you did that you would have AT LEAST 18 days off every month. They litterally couldnt work you any more.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread Information