Custom Search
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are pilots checking in?

Hybrid View

Just printed out my pairing and the CA checked in. Are we suppose to check in now????

Nope. Apparently you can bring you schedule up with one click of the mouse instead of 2 or 3. So some people are jsut that lazy. In fact those are the words one guy used, "I"m just too lazy to click more than once." There's no penalty for not checking in so you're still good.

No we are not. I had an FO that checked in last week and I asked him about why he checked in. He asserted he did not check in and did not know why the check was there. If you flew with a captain he should know better.

Quote Originally Posted by grlflyr View Post
    Nope. Apparently you can bring you schedule up with one click of the mouse instead of 2 or 3. So some people are jsut that lazy. In fact those are the words one guy used, "I"m just too lazy to click more than once." There's no penalty for not checking in so you're still good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forumname View Post
    No we are not.
    Yes they are:

Quote Originally Posted by Citation10 View Post
    http://www.expressjetpilots.com/the-...l=1#post485774

I am checking in, one click on "check in" window opens "print pairing." But I don't want mandatory checkin, and I am open to how the union wants me to act, HOWEVER ALPA ROLLED OVER ON VACATION PASSES, ROLLED DAYS OFF, NEW PAY PROGRAM, PAYING MORE MONEY FOR BENEFITS, CASH'S PAY, ONE LIST, SELLING OF AIRCRAFT, I'D90'S, CONTRACT ENFORCEMENT........AND CHECK-IN AND PBS In the next 6 months. If you can't beat alpa join alpa. Tim is alpa.

Quote Originally Posted by jacburn View Post
    Yes they are:
    Too lazy to quote Citation 10 and this is purly me playing devil's advocate. How did ALPA roll over on the above mentioned issues?

Actually they did roll over on one list. We will never know for sure if it was a wise decision, but the MEC voted not to pursue one list as to keep Jerry from backing out of the purchase out of fear that we would not survive otherwise. Someone on the MEC at the time has stated as such. Most of the other stuff he mentioned I can't really fault ALPA on. When it comes to things like vacation passes and such they are pretty powerless, and any action that we could take as a group to resolve those issues ALPA is scared to touch because of legal's constant paranoia of being sued for a job action.
    Last edited by Jetlinker; 04-10-2012 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetlinker View Post
    Actually they did roll over on one list. We will never know for sure if it was a wise decision, but the MEC voted not to pursue one list as to keep Jerry from backing out of the purchase out of fear that we would not survive otherwise. Someone on the MEC at the time has stated as such.
    I've said this to a number of crews on the flightdeck, if the discussion comes up, and they all look at me like I'm from outer space. I'm glad to see that I'm not wrong on my understanding of this. I mean, I was on the conference calls and I see the emails, and I knew what happened.

I know CS occasionally checks rsvs in on assignment, but still not required. I don't sweat the green check mark as long as its not a habit of crews to start doing it.
    MUST READ

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Quote Originally Posted by ottolhp View Post
    Just printed out my pairing and the CA checked in. Are we suppose to check in now????
    Cause we have a few company men here who are little bitches and do whatever the company asks of them including taking paycuts. But don't worry, their numbers are dwindling as more and more people wake up.
    Disclaimers: are stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Hoffa View Post
    ...their numbers are dwindling as more and more people wake up.
    Agreed. I'm about to launch a FUPM campaign!

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information