Custom Search

Thread: a fine mess

what is going on...the galley has been left a total mess more times than not on my last 4 day...cans opened and not spilled out and bagged.( love that warm splash of spicy tomatoe).. coffee pot with a nasty filter in the pot and coffee in it...
    no break down of items..(we do not all set up the cart the same way).. cabin seats with newspapers and soda bottles..
    ( Left for me to tidy )...how about a little pride..f/a 's do your job....this is courtsey to your fellow workers..rant over.

Have you had any new classes graduate lately on your side? I remember that use to happen a lot when a new class would get out on line here. Not to say that the galley is always perfect, but I do notice it "less perfect" after a new class graduates. Do you have access to a flow chart on Sked+ where you can see who the previous crew was? That way you can see who the slobs are.

there are new f/a's...and i am sympathic to them..it does take awhile to get your system down..but its tiring when its constant on a 4 day trip....i was chatting with a fairly new f/a and i was surprised at the lack of pride and the tone of " i aint doing that" in his/her voice...if they dont wanna do the job there are many other lining up to take their place...

It's sad to me that so few FAs take pride in their job.

I feel guilty because I realized two flights later that I forgot to dump the water/ice from icing down beer on one of my planes before leaving it today. The rest of the plane was clean and organized, but I forgot to dump the water

Yes, I try to leave the galley in a way that I would like to find it.

Our latest problem has been F/A's who hoard and hide extra supplies. I fly the 700/900 and there are lots of extra carriers in the galley that are suppose to be left empty unless we serve a meal. Instead we have people that use them as extra storage space for supplies like snacks.......I've been on flights where there were enough SunChips to serve a triple 7!!!

Quote Originally Posted by skyrocketblonde View Post
    what is going on...the galley has been left a total mess more times than not on my last 4 day...cans opened and not spilled out and bagged.( love that warm splash of spicy tomatoe).. coffee pot with a nasty filter in the pot and coffee in it...
    no break down of items..(we do not all set up the cart the same way).. cabin seats with newspapers and soda bottles..
    ( Left for me to tidy )...how about a little pride..f/a 's do your job....this is courtsey to your fellow workers..rant over.
    You are right about that. At times I feel like I'm straightening up after a 4 year old. No pride in this job? OK, then RESPECT the rest of us by not leaving a mess. To clean up a disaster left in the galley and cabin takes away (and sometimes uses up) all my time to get set up.

If respect is not in your vocabulary then you have some growing-up to do. If none of this makes any sense to you, then be honest with yourself about your work ethics. If you feel that since you work alone in the cabin you can make up the rules as you go and get by with it...sorry, but sooner or later you will be without a job and it will be your own fault.

OK, If you arrange the galley your way or if you are just a messy person, fine. But please be respectful and return everything back in its place for the next crew. All you have to do is just read PEOPLE magazine 5 minutes less, and you will have the time to clean up.

I don't mean to sound harsh, and don't take it the wrong way. But this is the real working world. Our attitude and how we do our job effects the quality of life of our fellow workers.

If you find something broken or missing and will not take the time to have it written up (or if you just don't care) please leave me a note and I will get it fixed. If the HHD battery needs to be recharged, leave me a note. If the HHD printer needs ink, leave me a note, OK.
    Last edited by xjetfa; 04-12-2012 at 06:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HelloFA View Post
    It's sad to me that so few FAs take pride in their job.

I feel guilty because I realized two flights later that I forgot to dump the water/ice from icing down beer on one of my planes before leaving it today. The rest of the plane was clean and organized, but I forgot to dump the water
    Bless You!!! I also do that at times, I would gladly deal with the water while having a clean galley and cabin left to me.

The beatings will continue until morale improves...
    Hey all...just chiming in from the pilot side.

I read this thread and I'm shaking my head. It's sad people don't take pride in their work and I feel your pain. Do y'all have anything like our "Pro Standards Committee" to take these issue to? At least someone in your union? As a crewmember, I would definitely discourage your going straight to a supervisor. How 'bout looking at the previous flight number for that a/c and track who the F/A was and put a gentle reminder in their file?

I know it has to be difficult dealing with slobs, especially if you're supposed to be playing on the same team...I couldn't do your jobs and as a captain, I appreciate EVERYTHING you gals/guys do in the cabin for the peeps. You just have to realize the fact that some people just don't give a shite and there's nothing you can do to change that.

My condolences for having to put up with that; good luck to y'all...
    "If you're a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too..." - Maj. Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th PIR, 101st Airborne
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have" - Gerald R. Ford
    Blaming the NRA for Sandy Hook is like blaming AAA for Drunk Drivers

R.I.P. United States Constitution
    4 MAR 1789 - 6 NOV 2012

"Attitude reflect leadership, Captain"

I guess I'm just jaded but at this point I enter every aircraft expecting it to be a complete mess. I do my service, clean the plane, and move on to the next tail number to clean up.

I can tell you, I enjoyed this job a hell of a lot more last month when all my trips were transiting Houston. It might be time to leave ORD.

Thread Information