Custom Search

Thread: place to eat for long DEN

Last night I had an amazing green chili bowl and I returned this morning for the best breakfast burrito I've had in living memory. Rocky Mountain Chili Bowl is about a five minute walk away from the Doubletree hotel in a strip mall, one or two stores around the corner from a Subway. They'll give you 5% off if you like them on Facebook.

The Smash Burger next to subway is also fantastic.

La Mariposa mexican is pretty decent. Same side of the street as the hotel. Hang a left and go about 5 blocks north, past the sonic.

I also ate at an asian place across the street that had pretty good vietnamese food, cant remember the name though.
    Read your contract.

Flying fish sushi is amazing. Happy hour 430-6 half price rolls.

To the right of the hotel there is an Irish pub that has happy hour 3-6 and food is good. I highly recomend Berkshire. The food is fantastic and reasonably priced happy hour until 7. www.theberkshirerestaurant.com/
    Homer Simpson: "if you don't like your job, you don't strike: you just go in every day and do it really half assed. That's the American way"

Red Square. Russian joint. Was good years ago. Pricey but good

Fat Jacks Supersubs. In the plaza with the Sonic, on the same same side of the street as the hotel, (about 2 blocks) or opposite side as Smashburger etc. Does that make sense? You'll pass it on the way in on the van. I ordered the #17, "The Don" double italian. And it was amazing. So much sandwich for the same price as the garbage from Subway or Quiznos. I love independent sub shops and never hesitate to eat at one.
    I'm a Super regional, thanks for asking!

"Girls will fu(k you if you drink right from the milk jug" -Worm Quartet

Quote Originally Posted by rjacobs View Post
    La Mariposa mexican is pretty decent. Same side of the street as the hotel. Hang a left and go about 5 blocks north, past the sonic.

I also ate at an asian place across the street that had pretty good vietnamese food, cant remember the name though.
    Their shredded beef burrito is awesome, however they can't make a spicy salsa. They tried making one for a few of us at the bar and loaded with peppers, but they just had weakish hatches, flavorful, but too wimpy on heat. Still a great and relatively cheap place for a few pacificos and some grub.
    MUST READ

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Thread Information