Custom Search
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interpreting PBT's...

Attached is a PBT. I understand the what the columns mean after reading about PBT's in the PDF but I need more interpretation.... Availability is a negative in this case...does that mean overbooked flight? any more info about this would be great.
    Attached Images

Yep... overbooked.

Capacity is 182, it's authorized to overbook to 187, and it's actually booked (overbooked) to 183.

In addition, there's 3 Space Available (SA) Pass Riders listed, and those numbers aren't included in the one's above.

There's one Positive Space (PS) Pass Rider listed and he/she is a part of the 183.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Bob; 03-18-2012 at 02:04 PM.
    Bob Moyer

EWR FO -> IAH FO -> SAT FO -> IAH CA -> ONT CA -> EWR CA........................The circle is complete.
    ------------------------------
    Maine... The way life should be.

Yes it kind of helps. But does my buddy have a shot of getting on? it's funny cause this morning it showed 13 available. And if you go look at the cabin map it shows plenty of seats...

There is always a shot. I had a flight that was over sold and 20 people got stuck in the TSA line and did not make it to the gate by go time. As far as the empty seats on the seat map, the people that are listed either did not pick the seat that they wanted or they are premium seats that will be released at the gate and then filled by those needing seats.

It shows plenty of seats because "plenty" of people have not checked in yet and therein lies the problem. Are these people going to check in at the airport? Are they on another flight that connects through your city and haven't been checked in for their second leg? Are they not checked in because they have decided not to travel? It's anyone's guess. That is the problem with non-revving. You never know and it's a gamble.

You can pick a seat days before you can check in. This has nothing to do with seats shown on the map and those that have not checked in yet.

Actually nowadays the seat maps are always inaccurate because of premium seating. If all non premium seats are sold out customers who buy a lowest fare ticket are not assigned a seat, even after checking in. If the airline is unable to sell some of the premium seats they will give them to frequent flyers, followed by giving the seats of those who were upgraded to those who never had a seat assigned. This musical chairs happens at the gate inside of an hour prior to go.
    Last edited by Jetlinker; 03-18-2012 at 03:25 PM.

The 13 seats that it showed available this morning might be another airline cancelled their flight and are now rerouting their customers through DEN to get them to their final destination.

Or the 11:30 flight to MIA - IAH - DEN flight was oversold (MIA to IAH went out full) and they had to reroute on the direct DEN flight

I just drive.

Thanks for the insight. Believe it or not he was able to get a seat. What ended up happening throughout the day was the availability ended up maxing out at -5! But as it was getting closer to the departure time it started going back down: -3, -2, -1, 0. Any explanation on that? I understand it's always a gamble. Its just nice to know the chances of getting on so you don't waste your time and I want to understand how to interpret this nonsense.
    Another Question: Lets say under the Available Column it showed: 8/0/-3 = -5 available?? Why is the outcome a negative number? to me I would take this as overbooked in coach and plenty of seats in first class.....
    Last edited by surftaco; 03-19-2012 at 06:06 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information