Custom Search

Thread: An FBI special agent and counterterrorism expert criticizes the TSA

TSA Fail

Another excellent post about current state of the TSA

The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) was formed to ensure America’s freedom to travel. Instead, they have made air travel the most difficult means of mass transit in the United States, at the same time failing to make air travel any more secure.
    I have dealt with TSA since its inception and FAA security prior to that. I have witnessed TSA operate since they became a separate organization in 2002 and seen their reaction to intelligence provided them. I have now watched them operate for a decade, and I have respect for their hard-working employees who are doing a thankless job. But I have come to the conclusion that TSA is one of the worst-run, ineffective and most unnecessarily intrusive agencies in the United States government.
    The entire TSA paradigm is flawed. It requires an impossibility for it to succeed. For the TSA model to work, every single possible means of causing danger to an aircraft or its passengers must be eliminated. This is an impossibility. While passengers are being frisked and digitally strip-searched a few dozen yards away, cooks and dish washers at the local concourse “Chili’s” are using and cleaning butcher knives.
    The TSA has spent approximately $60 billion since 2002 and now has over 65,000 employees, more than the Department of State, more than the Department of Energy, more than the Department of Labor, more than the Department of Education, more than the Department of Housing and Urban Development---combined. TSA has become, according to the report, “an enormous, inflexible and distracted bureaucracy more concerned with……consolidating power.”
    Last edited by 4spuds; 03-15-2012 at 10:11 AM.

If only common sense could prevail.
    David Dornacker
    USN Retired
    361 443-0671
    ddornacker@aol.com

My last flight attendant was former TSA, she said that TSA was the best way to get into other government jobs (border patrol, etc.). The exact same trip, my captain said he tried to get on with the TSA after 9/11. He was former military, yet they did not give him the time of day. Put that in your pipe and smoke it. The TSA is an unemployment program at this point, and is the most broken government agency we have. I think the TSA is on the outs though, its been getting too much press lately.

Link????????

While on furlough I got a job with the TSA. Went through the whole process and had a start date then xjt called me 3 days before I was supposed to start with the TSA. Talk about lucky! Haha I could have been feeling up old men! So yea if you don't have a job then they will hire you! Lol

Link????????
    Click the Title / Picture

Yet, the TSA is here to stay.

The Federal Government will:

1. Never admit that they are wrong.

2. Want the power to step past the Constitution.

3. Want to train the American people to get used to number 2.

Get used to it.

This is the new America.

They have more freedoms and liberties in Canada.

Just sayin'.

The TSA is EXPANDING, road checkpoints, at train stations, frisking people at sporting events; it's called dog training...and you are the dog.

Don't follow what makes sense...follow what makes cents.

The median net worth of a member of Congress climbed to $913,000, a 15 percent increase from 2004 to 2010. During the same period, the net worth of the average American dropped 8 percent.

A state of war only serves as an excuse for domestic tyranny. -
    Alexander Solzhenitsyn, Soviet dissident

Thread Information