Custom Search
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Hiring over?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Lorenti View Post
    Hokie...where do you find the time for these flashbangs? I thought I was bored and had lost my mind...your posting brings that into question! You, Sir, have made me feel like a rational, sane, reasonable, busy kind of guy. What's going on at home when you take the time for these posts?

Drama and Queen come to mind...so does manipulation of the masses. That you would conjur this "scheme" and provide such detailed retort is worthy of an Oscar. You have my vote!!! Maybe I haven't thought out fully the grave implications of your post, but I think there is a little too much analysis as a result.
    One wordy guy to another, I didn't plan to concoct anything. I didn't even realize that it had exploded into this charade. I was tired and bored on an overnight sitting the hotel. Had answered a few emails and before I went to bed I browsed the latest pipe drama. Saw yet another doomsday rumor "hiring is over", despite CT recent jetstream indicating the opposite, and I poked the bear.
    -Me

Dr. Seuss - "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not."

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Baron View Post
    Dude! The REAL issue is your EPIC, MISPLACED, sense of self-importance. Unfortunately, that is also why you'll never understand anyone who would dare to challenge your opinion. I wont try.
    Huh? I am an unpaid volunteer who answers emails. I'm a screen name on a forum. I'm a pilot. How is that self important? If any other screen name had made a similar statement, it would've been par for the course; but b/c it was Hokiepilot, somehow it is the greatest sin of all time. If I want to expound on what occurred here and share my opinion, isn't that what we do here? Is it any less valid than anyone else? My fault, I'm an official union representative. Give me a break. I'm far from an official union representative. I'm a guy who tries to use some of the knowledge he's acquired to help when he can. That's it. That's the game. I don't consider it any more than that b/c the last 6 years have taught me exactly the opposite of what you just said. The union doesn't care if I am a part of it. If I quit tomorrow, they'd continue right on an issue some stupid email saying we so appreciate all your service.
    -Me

Dr. Seuss - "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not."

Quote Originally Posted by hokiepilot View Post
    One wordy guy to another, I didn't plan to concoct anything. I didn't even realize that it had exploded into this charade. I was tired and bored on an overnight sitting the hotel. Had answered a few emails and before I went to bed I browsed the latest pipe drama. Saw yet another doomsday rumor "hiring is over", despite CT recent jetstream indicating the opposite, and I poked the bear.
    I hope you didnt take my response as an insult. I actually get a kick out of the explosive nature of a bird chirping around here. I largely agree with your words.

As far as being wordy...me? Nah!!! Next, you are going to accuse me of making PA's!!!

Have fun with the onslaught!!
    Let the garbage men handle the garbage, we're professional anglers, we go after the big fish.

Quote Originally Posted by hokiepilot View Post
    I guess this circles back to my statement about hurling personal insults instead of discussing the real issue and that is how running amuck with the rumor mill actually weakens us as a unified pilot group.
    If you work as hard at your volunteer position even half as hard as you do to justify your actions, then we are in good hands. I didn't say it was the end of the world, just that you pulled a dikk move. You acting like you did us all a favor and were trying to "teach" us a hard lesson makes it even lamer. Just admit you wanted to fukk with people and leave it at that. You were being a dikk....own it!
    Last edited by PhantomHawk; 03-16-2012 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lukedpilot03 View Post
    Man just relax. How long have you been with XJT? You need to learn not to believe anything that is said on any aviation forums. 99% of the time its all stupid rumors that will never happen. I am surprised no have have told yet to not to believe anything until you see it. For example rumors about new bigger aircraft (not saying that we have any rumors this type but,) I won't believe this hype until I see a new aircraft being flown by one of our crews parked at the gate. New base rumor, I won't believe until I see a perm bid with a new base in it.

I have been with XJT since '07 and believe me if my biggest disappointment with this industry would have come from a rumor I have heard on the pipe not coming to fruition I would be happy. Be prepared for many more disappointments to come. I know for a fact they have been telling new hires that the projected upgrade is 2 years. Don't count on that because it probably will not happen. Last time when I was told 2 years till upgrade I was furloughed a year and a half into my job in a shinny jet
    I understand that it sucks when you get disappointed and it can get you down for a while but this industry is a bitch and you need to learn taking it one day at a time. Keep your head up and maybe some good news are to come in the next month or two. Who knows?
    Hey man,

You make some good points. I have not been with XJT long at all. That being said I do know how rumors work in aviation (I've been in general aviation over a decade). I was definitely a little too caught up in the idea that "hiring could be over" so when I thought there was intel about it swinging the other way I was pretty happy, especially after people said he might be "in the know."

When I was hired none of the recruiters was promising a two year upgrade per se, but they were definitely not discouraging talk of 3-yearish upgrades. I'm definitely hoping for that - four years is tolerable but much more and things get tough. Like I said, I'm rolling the dice here. I've gambled enough money (and won and lost enough) in Vegas and Tunica to know that things don't always go your way, and you can lose big even starting with a great hand.

My first big hope is that hiring continues strong at least through the end of this year. Of course, I hope it keeps up indefinitely, but I just want to get off reserve since I don't have a particularly great commute. Short call plus commuting blows for sure.

FYI, Bryan was nice enough to PM me and was super cool - that was a good show a character and much appreciated on my part.

I'm now officially relaxed . And plan on relaxing tonight with 2 or 8 beers (first weekend off since end of IOE).

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomHawk View Post
    If you work as hard at your volunteer position even half as hard as you do to justify your actions, then we are in good hands. I didn't say it was the end of the world, just that you pulled a dikk move. You acting like you did us all a favor and were trying to "teach" us a hard lesson makes it even lamer. Just admit you wanted to fukk with people and leave it at that. You were being a dikk....own it!
    He does. Sometimes I place bets, who's going to answer my 3am email first, Bryan or Steve. They are two of the best volunteers we have.

I'd hate to be the guy that gives one of these nancys a fake lotto ticket.

Wow whata bunch of vaginas we have on here! Take a dang joke! sheesh!
    "The man who smiles when things go wrong has already thought of someone he can blame it on."

"it's better to be pissed-off than to be pissed-on"

Wtf numbers....

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread Information