Custom Search
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: April Bid Packets

Quote Originally Posted by Jetlinker View Post
    I don't fault you guys, you do the best you can with the crap pairings you're given.... but really, why the sudden drastic deterioration? The company has control over how great the lines are based on the pairings they create. We all know that. And they will have that same control with PBS.
    WIth the exception of ORD the lines were actually better this month than in March. ORD had low days off because of low productivity. I know you don't fault us. It just sucks all around.
    Steve McKnight

.... hopefully your level of future satisfaction meets your level of present expectation. I think you're being fooled. Again.
    -------Sumner Nelson---------

Steve, are you telling me in good faith and a clear conscious that we are not heading down the pbs road? Are you telling me that you have been doing all of this research for not? We all have it for phase two and as soon as we see the contract we will know the rest of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by mckpickle View Post
    We want PBS? Thats news to me.
    Hey that's not what Captain Tony said! And he's such a reputable source.

Quote Originally Posted by skyking002 View Post
    Steve, are you telling me in good faith and a clear conscious that we are not heading down the pbs road? Are you telling me that you have been doing all of this research for not? We all have it for phase two and as soon as we see the contract we will know the rest of the story.
    With April lines it already feels like PBS is well up and running. First of all, when was the last time you were able to drop something or execute a bad day/worse day trade? Second, mostly 12 days off for April with credit line value around 75 hours. Third, quite a few lines have 4 on 2 off and guess what? You can't do **** in the ILIW since every time you are trying to bring your line value above 75 or 80 you run into 30/7 warning since thats how the lines are constructed and either day one or day four will screw everything up since its loaded with 5 leg days and 7.5 hours of flying time. So you are pretty much stuck with the line you got awarded. That sure as hell sounds like a PBS system to me!!! In the earlier months when you ended up with 12 days off you usually had a credit line value of at least 95 to 103 hours. A drop in line value of 20 hours month to month is a huge difference. For some it is a rent payment or student loans payment, and that is huge at least for me.
    Last edited by lukedpilot03; 03-03-2012 at 08:14 AM.

Guys, this is great! The company is having a sale on sick time! 4 days off for only 14 hrs. That's 40-50% off.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Hey that's not what Captain Tony said! And he's such a reputable source.
    It's also not what some ORD FOs are saying after flying with a certain CA.
    Ben Boggs

OMG Ranger that is too funny!
    Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach. Or work at Expressjet.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    Guys, this is great! The company is having a sale on sick time! 4 days off for only 14 hrs. That's 40-50% off.
    I couldn't have said any better!!!! With that said I hope summer months look just like that. Can you imagine 2-3 weeks off during summer and you're only losing 15-30 hours from sick bank. Great.

This, of course, is just conjecture. However, by trying to avoid putting "strain on our reserve pilots" the company may have triggered the law of unintended consequences and possibly created more pressure on reserves by creating a lot of open time from sick calls given the poor productivity and days off.

Quote Originally Posted by skyking002 View Post
    It is not my place to disseminate information on here that we will be negotiating at the table. However I suspect that this week there will be communications that make our intended direction clear. With a clear conscious and in good faith however I can tell you that the MEC will not support anything that compromises your quality of life. My personal opinion is that this pilot group is not ready without being able to see and use a system to ensure that it would suit their needs. But thats just my opinion and does not affect the direction we may or may not take.
    Steve McKnight

.... hopefully your level of future satisfaction meets your level of present expectation. I think you're being fooled. Again.
    -------Sumner Nelson---------

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information