Custom Search
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Perm bid out!

missed it by 22............. Oh well.
    Fahhhhhgethhhbah

Quote Originally Posted by HanginOn14 View Post
    Told ya.......

As for IAH, I've heard the plan is to move all Q400s to IAH due to the fact that with EWR weather delays already horrible, Colgan is costing CAL a lot more $$ due to international connectors missing flights constantly. So I would expect IAH to downsize some more and EWR to see some growth in addition to the 135 flying. Im not based in either but I thought the decision on the Q was already made.
    I don't know where you are getting your information, but it is not what is coming out of the planning folks. As someone posted earlier, IAH should stay as it is for foreseeable future. Obviously plans change and planning isnt making ALL the decisions, but randomly guessing doesnt help anyone......oh wait, I forgot I was hittin the pipe. Carry on with the wild asss guesses. =)

Quote Originally Posted by SAABoroowski View Post
    missed it by 22............. Oh well.
    I know how you feel, I missed it by 10. I consider this a good thing, though, as I am a professional procrastinator, and this has served as a wake up call to start hitting the books. I didn't think I'd be this close until later in the year (aug-sep-oct range), and was planning to finally do the ATP written in march/april sometime. Looks like I'll be moving that forward a bit.

Anyone know if we get a discount at All ATP? I'll be going to the Hooks campus. I just looked up the All ATP site for their test prep course, and their home page says they've signed a deal with Expressjet for a guaranteed interview for grads.

Congratulations to all the ones who made it this round.
    ---------------------

Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option. ~ Mark Twain

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on. ~Winston Churchill

I took the ATP written before I got hired at Colgan, so I think it still counts correct? I am going to bypass until fall. I have a kid coming, the beach house, senior F/O schedule, fist pumping on the weekends.............what other excuses can I come up with
    Fahhhhhgethhhbah

Quote Originally Posted by MikeW View Post

Anyone know if we get a discount at All ATP? I'll be going to the Hooks campus. I just looked up the All ATP site for their test prep course, and their home page says they've signed a deal with Expressjet for a guaranteed interview for grads.
    If you only need the written and have enough discipline to study at home (or hotel) for a day or two save yourself $200 and use Sheppard air.

Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    If you only need the written and have enough discipline to study at home (or hotel) for a day or two save yourself $200 and use Sheppard air.
    Sheppard air doesn't really save you $200 because you still have to pay to take the written test, something that is included in the $295 all atps price.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTool View Post
    You can always downgrade, no one is stopping you. There are probably hundreds of fo's who would trade places with you. Trade bases or shut it.
    Wow!!! How come I had not thought of that...you Sir are a genious, just changed my Perm Bid...thanks!!!
    Last edited by b42day; 02-21-2012 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aussieflyboy View Post
    Sheppard air doesn't really save you $200 because you still have to pay to take the written test, something that is included in the $295 all atps price.
    That's true. It only saves you $100 then? I just know it was cheaper after all was said and done.

You are right an expired written is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by ducdriver View Post
    You are right an expired written is fine.
    Yup. FAR 61.39(b)
    Last edited by PhantomHawk; 02-21-2012 at 08:20 AM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information