Custom Search
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Okay flight attendants!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ASAfa View Post
    When the sale was announced, every major publication cited your cost structure as a mitigating factor in why the deal was taking place. I never meant to offend anyone, I said 'part' of why. Please don't take my comments out of context. I would like to know, justlurking, what points I dismissed? I never put down your contract. I pointed out the what AFA has to offer FA's. I sincerely hope that when we are looking to negotiate the new agreement, you know that we aspire towards the best of both. No doubt that the company will make a mint on this deal, why shouldn't we get our portion of it. I have been with ASA for over 13 years and know that our people are really looking forward to having you guys onboard. I have sensed more hostility on your part towards us. I would like to keep this friendly and informative.
    Having US on board? Pretty pretentious dont you think. I'd figure 13 years of service would have made you smarter than that. Skywest purchased XJT, not ASA. Skywest announced that XJT/ASA will be merged. You are not "welcoming us aboard" anything. Both of our companies are doing what Skywest has directed us to do. You guys are just pawns like us.

We look forward to having you aboard XJT.

"SkyWest, Inc. (Nasdaq: SKYW) (“SkyWest”) announced today that it has entered into a definitive merger agreement with ExpressJet Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: XJT)(“ExpressJet”), whereby Atlantic Southeast Airlines, Inc., SkyWest’s wholly-owned subsidiary (“Atlantic Southeast”), will acquire all of the outstanding shares of common stock of ExpressJet Holdings, Inc. (“ExpressJet”) for $6.75 per share in cash, representing a net purchase price of approximately $133 million after giving effect for shares already owned by Atlantic Southeast. ExpressJet’s primary operating entity is ExpressJet Airlines, Inc. (“ExpressJet Airlines”). The definitive merger agreement has been unanimously approved by the SkyWest and ExpressJet boards of directors." I was not trying to make this an 'us' against 'them' discussion. But the reality is that ASA acquired XJT and we are going to be one company. Whether you like it or not.
    Last edited by ASAfa; 06-25-2011 at 05:16 PM. Reason: better word choice

Quote Originally Posted by ASAfa View Post
    "SkyWest, Inc. (Nasdaq: SKYW) (“SkyWest&rdquo announced today that it has entered into a definitive merger agreement with ExpressJet Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: XJT)(“ExpressJet&rdquo, whereby Atlantic Southeast Airlines, Inc., SkyWest’s wholly-owned subsidiary (“Atlantic Southeast&rdquo, will acquire all of the outstanding shares of common stock of ExpressJet Holdings, Inc. (“ExpressJet&rdquo for $6.75 per share in cash, representing a net purchase price of approximately $133 million after giving effect for shares already owned by Atlantic Southeast. ExpressJet’s primary operating entity is ExpressJet Airlines, Inc. (“ExpressJet Airlines&rdquo. The definitive merger agreement has been unanimously approved by the SkyWest and ExpressJet boards of directors." I was not trying to make this an 'us' against 'them' discussion. But the reality is that ASA acquired XJT and we are going to be one company. Whether you like it or not.
    You mean "SkyWest, Inc. announced...that it has entered into a definitive merger agreement with ExpressJet Holdings, Inc.". That is a direct quote of your quote.
    "When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -- Ben Franklin

protections for our pilots equivalent to those contained in our current agreement

Thank you for finding a quote to help illustrate my point. [QUOTE=ASAfa;466363]"SKYWEST, Inc. (Nasdaq: SKYW) (“SkyWest”) announced today that IT has entered into a definitive merger agreement with ExpressJet Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: XJT)(“ExpressJet”), whereby Atlantic Southeast Airlines, Inc., SKYWEST'S WHOLLY-OWNED subsidiary (“Atlantic Southeast”), will acquire all of the outstanding shares of common stock of ExpressJet Holdings, Inc. (“ExpressJet”) for $6.75 per share in cash, representing a net purchase price of approximately $133 million after giving effect for shares already owned by Atlantic Southeast. ExpressJet’s primary operating entity is ExpressJet Airlines, Inc. (“ExpressJet Airlines”). The definitive merger agreement has been unanimously APPROVED by the SKYWEST and EXPRESSJET boards of directors."

The "reality" is that this was a deal between Skywest and ExpressJet. To say that ASA came in and rescued us from the ashes is delusional. ASA got owned in 2005, we got owned in 2010. Don't kid yourself about how this transactioned happened.

We are going to have to work together, you are correct there. We shouldn't start this relationship like one of us owes the other anything.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information