Custom Search
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Okay flight attendants!!!!

Whats up with the $55 raise on the union crap dues!!!!????? where does our money go to????
    Last edited by SNOOKI_MONSTER; 12-17-2010 at 09:37 PM.

Rene there was a letter in your v-file detailing where your dues go. If you want to talk about it further come see me in the crew room. I think that's a little more productive than posting in here. Or hey show up to a Union meeting and you actually vote on where your money is spent! They don't vote on monthly expenses at AFA only a budget and the officers are able to spend that money how they see fit. No membership approval necessary.

why not post it here? You want us to elect you but you don't want to be open?

I don't want you to elect "me" I want you to vote for the IAM because they are more democratic than the AFA (we get to vote on monthly agenda items at IAM, AFA you vote on one budget and the Reps spend it how they see fit without input from members and at the IAM we get to vote on our General Chairs and positions all the way up to International President while at AFA they only vote on the Local reps), have gotten better contracts for flight attendants than the AFA (as seen in UAL vs. CAL and ASA vs. XJT), and they have many more resources than the AFA including not being bankrupt, having a $100 million strike fund, and educational and technology center. If fa's don't want to vote based on those facts so be it.

Silly share the particular info that was secretly put in a "file" no secrets we are family now!

Just a question from a pilot outsider who doesn't understand:

Why are the XJT FAs part of the same locals/lodges or whatever they are called as the CAL FAs? Maybe that has changed since I left, but my understanding is that your meetings are their meetings, etc. You are a separate company than CAL and as such your union locals should be completely separate from the mainline FAs. This is what happened with the pilots when CAL spun off XJT. We went from a combined ALPA MEC to two independent bodies who do not have input into each other's union operations, contracts, etc.

Are you going to be asked to choose between two unions now that you are merging with ASA or are you being asked to choose between the two unions because CAL-UAL are merging? I'm curious if CAL/UAL FAs are voting separately than you for the IAM or the AFA and XJT/ASA FAs are voting separately for the IAM or the AFA? In other words, if the CAL/UAL group chooses the AFA in it's vote, can XJT/ASA still have a vote outcome where the IAM is the union representing you all (i.e. two different unions)?
    XJT Alum 6/99-10/07

Very good point/question. I know FA union reps read these threads - what say you?

we will be choosing between the union that closed Easterns' doors and the AFA. It is that simple. You can access what is going on by going to facebook pages and/or email these 3 wonderful folks- get your answers directly and this way get FACTS!
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/AFA...11895175542718
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...00001861626867
    Lindsay Gardner
    MEC/LEC President
    lbmcfarland@gmail.com
    Dorothy Bell
    MEC/LEC Vice-President
    dcbellafa@gmail.com

Stephanie Walski
    MEC/LEC Secretary/Treasurer
    swalskiafa@gmail.com

CLEflyr's question still remains unanswered. It is a matter of importance to the FAs here.

Really? Hmmm, ok... We (ASA and XJET) will be choosing between AFA and Eastern Airlines former union because we can only have one union. OK? If you have further questions you (or whomever) can conract our AFA reps directly and pose more queries.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information