Custom Search
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637

Thread: Well, today was the day

Its simple you know how this will change, if pax don't show up to fly on airplanes because they are not interested in this type of screening. Maybe Thanksgiving and Christmas will be an indication of how the American republic feels about this screening. It sucks for us, because we have no choice we have to go to work and be subject to this abuse. Does IAH have these scanners yet? I have a PC on Friday and generally never travel to IAH in uniform. As far as EWR only Terminal B has installed body scanners. My guess after completion of B they would go to C and then A. Where their going to put them in A, I don't know.
    Fly Eagles Fly on the road to Victory
    E-A-G-L-E-S-EAGLES

Wednesday, November 24, 2010 is NATIONAL OPT-OUT DAY!

Quote Originally Posted by CLEflyr View Post
    It's interesting that my father has two views on this. First, he agrees about the invasion of privacy issues for the public.

That being said, his second view is out of concern for me. He says in no uncertain terms that if this will keep my son safe when he is up in the air every day doing his job then I want my son protected at all costs.

I have told him I refuse to go through these machines due to radiation concerns #1 and privacy concerns #2. I am a crewmember after all. I have gone through my background check. Even if I were to go through those machines and they see me naked (or even if I am naked) are they going to take my hands from me as dangerous weapons? My hands are all I need as an airline pilot if I had any intention of doing damage.
    You've got to make him understand that TSA's abuse does not keep you safe, and that it isn't safe itself. Would he have let someone take naked pics of you or put their hands on your crotch when you were 4?
    Quote Originally Posted by V2+15 View Post
    I'm gonna go make a great pot of coffee. Why don't you have a nice, hot cup of STFU...

I'm all for opting out. However, I just traveled with my wife the other day and we spoke about the possible situations that we might have to encounter a the TSA checkpoint. After much discussion we decided that it was better for her to go through the scanner. We decided that it would be better to have someone looking at a naked picture of her as opposed to having someone feel her up. Now if she did go through the scanner and then for some reason they wanted pat her down too then we would be canceling the trip.

I want to be clear that we dont think that the scanner or the pat down is acceptable in any way, but it is either choose one or stay home or drive 25 hrs to her parents house.

I traveled in uniform and avoided the scanner. She went through the scanner with no issues and then I heard the screener say that she would have to pat my wife down. I was grabbing my stuff off the belt when I heard this. I turned around and said why in the world do you have to pat her down if she just went through the scanner? Said proceeded to yell to me that she said "I MAY have to pat her down". I said fine but thats my wife and Im just making sure she is protected. In the end she wasnt pat down and we went on our way.

Another problem with this whole TSA ******** is that I am getting so infuriated everytime I go to work that I am carrying this stress into the cockpit for a few hours into the day.

Opt out all you want and I will too, but my wife and family will not be touched and we also arent going to drive 25hrs to grandmas house soo...

Quote Originally Posted by SpatialD View Post
    Wednesday, November 24, 2010 is NATIONAL OPT-OUT DAY!

You've got to make him understand that TSA's abuse does not keep you safe, and that it isn't safe itself. Would he have let someone take naked pics of you or put their hands on your crotch when you were 4?
    My father understands that very well and does not fully agree with these procedures. He does have two grandchildren, one of them a five-year old girl. I know he is torn about this out of concern for me, however I know he believes these are not the right methods to be using.
    XJT Alum 6/99-10/07

Quote Originally Posted by CLEflyr View Post
    My father understands that very well and does not fully agree with these procedures. He does have two grandchildren, one of them a five-year old girl. I know he is torn about this out of concern for me, however I know he believes these are not the right methods to be using.
    Yeah, I have no doubt his concern is for your well being. The thing is, among the majority of those who've questioned what I'm doing, there's a common thread of not clearly understanding the reality of what the state is doing to the people - both to individuals and to the collective 'we the people' who are the only legitimate governing entity in the land. If you think it'd help, you might show him this post on my web site.

The other thing that hangs people up is that they assume TSA is providing air transportation security, and that the federal government is the best and most qualified agent to provide such security. Another thing that continually comes up is that the task would be better handled by true, no-shiit security professionals starting from a basic, common sense approach to their trade, and building upon that with scientifically proven methods and practices (the kind of things that make professionals professionals). As I've mentioned before, the secret service doesn't strip search people or touch them when they come to the White House - their real work happens behind the scenes and hardly even affects the visitors' experience at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by V2+15 View Post
    I'm gonna go make a great pot of coffee. Why don't you have a nice, hot cup of STFU...

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637

Share This Thread

Share This Thread