Custom Search
Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Well, today was the day

The consistency is the inconsistency of the whole screening process...the terrorists never know what kind of screening they might encounter, just like none of us fully understand the national threat advisory level orange represents...
    Full time telephone ignoring supervisor at Sedgewick

Quote Originally Posted by Citation10 View Post
    I would love to have been the next guy in line behind you! F that; I am not getting canned for TSA. Then take all my clothes off and walk through in just my undies. See what TSA has to say about a nude pilot in the airport. We would get the media attention if we get the FA's to go through in Bikini's.
    It's been done and generally they don't say anything but the police will say "you have the right to remain silent"
    EWR
    E.F.F.E

So I ask again...is there ANYTHING wrong with requesting a supervisor and a LEO to be present BEFORE I'm touched in any manner for secondary screening. They want to search me and pat me down...fine and dandy...but the second they touch my twig and berries or anything between my belt-line and crotch, front or back, there are gonna be issues.
    "If you're a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too..." - Maj. Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th PIR, 101st Airborne
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have" - Gerald R. Ford
    Blaming the NRA for Sandy Hook is like blaming AAA for Drunk Drivers

R.I.P. United States Constitution
    4 MAR 1789 - 6 NOV 2012

"Attitude reflect leadership, Captain"

This thread needs to be closed. Do you realize how this post reflects on your work group? This is an open and free forum and anyone can read this..this should be in a private forum...move to cockpit requested
    Last edited by flybot2000; 10-17-2010 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by I_Love_Lamp View Post
    The difference is that you don't really have a reasonable expectation of privacy when entering an airport, but you do walking around in public. I agree with the spirit of your post, just your analogy was not really analogous.
    There is no material difference between an airport and a train station. There is only a symbolic difference, and I, for one, refuse to live my life in a prison constructed of the piss-poor semiotics of television news anchors.

Quote Originally Posted by I_Love_Lamp View Post
    The difference is that you don't really have a reasonable expectation of privacy when entering an airport, but you do walking around in public. I agree with the spirit of your post, just your analogy was not really analogous.
    I should add that just because YOU (or a single judge) feels that one public venue offers a "reasonable expectation" of privacy whereas another does not merely serves to illustrate the slippery slope that we as Americans are on. Who knows what will be reasonable next?

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Skier View Post
    The consistency is the inconsistency of the whole screening process...the terrorists never know what kind of screening they might encounter, just like none of us fully understand the national threat advisory level orange represents...
    Unless, of course, they read the sheet on top of the conveyor belt in EWR that clearly shows what they will be randomly screening for throughout the day and calls their buddy. It's marked as SSI, but hey. I mean, it's there EVERY TIME.

Earth, for now, in the L.A. area with the Tanner Family.
    ....nevermind.....
    Last edited by Alf; 10-17-2010 at 06:32 PM.
    Gordon Shumway
    ORD CA

....nevermind.....
    Last edited by xjet615; 10-18-2010 at 07:08 AM.

Homer Simpson: "if you don't like your job, you don't strike: you just go in every day and do it really half assed. That's the American way"

Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Share This Thread

Share This Thread