Custom Search
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Letter to Management re TSA

Quote Originally Posted by Unverified View Post
    Don't you have a flight attendant forum to go play in? Your naivety does not fit in here.

Body scanners are NOT PART OF MY JOB.

If I am non-revving somewhere... OK. Not for WORKING CREW MEMBERS THOUGH.

You spend your extra five minutes disrobing and getting harassed to DO YOUR JOB. I'll pass. Flight crews should not be subjected to PASSENGER screening. period. Why can't you understand that?

Crew Pass... When?
    Don't talk down to me just because I'm a "flight attendant". You aren't any better or smarter than me because you can push buttons and fly a plane.

I'm not expressing a view in either direction, but why do you think you absolutely should not be subjected to passenger screening?

Quote Originally Posted by CodenameYam View Post
    I'm not expressing a view in either direction, but why do you think you absolutely should not be subjected to passenger screening?
    Well, maybe a little stretch here... But... Because... WE'RE NOT PASSENGERS!!!!

I am referring to working crewmembers only. Not non-revs or deadheads.

This is the part where I cannot "completely" answer that question in specific details. Partly because this is a public forum, and while I should be able to state the obvious, I do not feel comfortable doing so here. I would suggest looking up the history of crew pass, and why it was declared legal. There is a reason that the means exist for us to bypass the PASSENGER lines. The answers can be found there. Mix in a little old fashioned "common sense" and the answer becomes obvious.

If you really don't get it... I don't think I can explain it to you.

Edited to add: I apologize that I used the term naivety, and flight attendant in the same post. I was out of line.

The naivety of your post(s) shocked me beyond all comprehension though. Your job title is irrelevant to the discussion. I was out of line for mentioning it. I do my best to take raw emotion out of my posts. I failed to do that in this particular instance. I was in shock.
    Last edited by Unverified; 08-21-2010 at 11:16 AM.
    COEX Alumni: 1999-2012

This post is just my personal opinion. Nothing more, nothing less. I claim no affiliation with any company, corporation, trade union, or association.

I'm really only asking out of curiosity, as to why you feel that you are just above everything else, but I get it. You don't need to talk about dumbing down or anything like that because frankly its not necessary. Man up and give me the big boy answer, I'm smart enough to handle it.

I admit I am a little bit biased, because a close friend works for the TSA and I respect the **** out of what he does. Clearing security is a pain in the ***, but until your union, my union, and all the other parties involved want to step up and do something about it, you're just going to have to deal with it. So whats the point in getting all worked up (and being hostile to TSA?).

So whats the point in getting all worked up (and being hostile to TSA?).
    Just to clarify, I have the utmost respect for the TSA employees on the front line. They are just doing what they are told. I am not hostile to them. You have me confused with someone else.

I'm not all worked up about the TSA... It was your post that got me all worked up. Honestly, I did not get that worked up. My bark is much worse than my bite.

Even though I feel that it is unnecessary, I will continue to go through the metal detector as I have been doing forever, until we get crew pass. After all, I don't have a choice, do I? I'll just have to "deal with it".

However, based on the details/instructions contained in the pilot FIL (not public info) regarding the body scanners, I will NEVER go through a body scanner to work a flight. They can start patting me down until we get crew pass. In 10+ years here, I have reached the limit of what I will be subjected to in order just to do my job.

This post is just my personal opinion. Nothing more, nothing less. I claim no affiliation with any company, corporation, trade union, or association.

Quote Originally Posted by Unverified View Post
    Just to clarify, I have the utmost respect for the TSA employees on the front line. They are just doing what they are told. I am not hostile to them. You have me confused with someone else.

I'm not all worked up about the TSA... It was your post that got me all worked up. Honestly, I did not get that worked up. My bark is much worse than my bite.

Even though I feel that it is unnecessary, I will continue to go through the metal detector as I have been doing forever, until we get crew pass. After all, I don't have a choice, do I? I'll just have to "deal with it".

However, based on the details/instructions contained in the pilot FIL (not public info) regarding the body scanners, I will NEVER go through a body scanner to work a flight. They can start patting me down until we get crew pass. In 10+ years here, I have reached the limit of what I will be subjected to in order just to do my job.
    Hey, I'm taking the pat down too, and I think we all should. It just seems like some folks forget that the option exists and want to be ALL.UP.IN.ARMS. over something they don't even have to be subjected to.

You think these whole body scanners are gonna stop terrorists? NO Ever heard of body packing? Ever seen what prisoners make inside a prison given just whats around them? Hell Im surprised a terrorist hasnt tried a body bomb yet. Stick some C4 and a detonator up the rectum and boom! A Whole Body Scanner isnt gonna catch that. A terrorist can just as easily make a knife or some other sharp instrument INSIDE SECURITY than they can bringing it from outside. But what if they try that? Are all of yall gonna start consenting to xrays to go through security? Cavity Searches? Just because it will "save lives". At some point you have to stop and say NO!

Hey, I'm taking the pat down too, and I think we all should. It just seems like some folks forget that the option exists and want to be ALL.UP.IN.ARMS. over something they don't even have to be subjected to.
    Agreed.

Again... Sorry I was so cranky earlier. Not enough coffee.

Don't talk down to me just because I'm a "flight attendant". You aren't any better or smarter than me because you can push buttons and fly a plane.

Really? I think your time would be better spent in the "galley" section..............
    Last edited by SAABoroowski; 08-21-2010 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Ill be nice
    Fahhhhhgethhhbah

Yam...you REALLY need to wake up and smell the Continental Roast. Let me state it plainly, like Unverified has...

WE ARE NOT PASSENGERS!!!

Why are we being treated as such??? Therefore I, and a VAST group of others, think it's INANE that we're going through security in the first place. Since I wasn't around pre-9/11, did WORKING/ON DUTY crew members ever go through security???
    Last edited by V2+15; 08-21-2010 at 12:49 PM.
    "If you're a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too..." - Maj. Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th PIR, 101st Airborne
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have" - Gerald R. Ford
    Blaming the NRA for Sandy Hook is like blaming AAA for Drunk Drivers

R.I.P. United States Constitution
    4 MAR 1789 - 6 NOV 2012

"Attitude reflect leadership, Captain"

Quote Originally Posted by V2+15 View Post
    Since I wasn't around pre-9/11, did WORKING/ON DUTY crew members ever go through security???[/SIZE]
    Yes. But it was much easier back then. There were no lines, and you were never harassed when you tried to cut, if no crew line.

There were a LOT more stations where we bypassed all together though.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Share This Thread

Share This Thread