Custom Search
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Letter to Management re TSA

Quote Originally Posted by CodenameYam View Post
    Don't talk down to me just because I'm a "flight attendant". You aren't any better or smarter than me because you can push buttons and fly a plane.

I'm not expressing a view in either direction, but why do you think you absolutely should not be subjected to passenger screening?
    Hate to burst your bubble, but I can do your job. You cant do mine.

Why are we listening to someone with a picture of a cute kittie, whose name is codename yam, who is "good friends" with a Tub Stacking *******... Like V2+15 and others have said; WE ARE NOT PASSENGERS!!!! Please guys, TAKE A FUKCING STAND, and say NO! Stop pussy-footing around when it comes to TSA... This is ludicrous.
    SpatialD, great letter, I think it's a step in the right direction!

[QUOTE=SpatialD;411012]Interesting point of view. Of course, if the founders valued their security more than liberty, this country wouldn't be so amazing, would it? In fact, it wouldn't be at all.

If we buy into the notion that protecting this amazing country requires subjecting ourselves to the tyranny of the state, then the terrorists have overwhelmingly succeeded in destroying America - rather, seducing us into destroying it ourselves.

It was the oppression of their own government at the time that incited the American Revolutionaries (whom the state labeled terrorists) to declare their independence, and the birth of this amazing country. Of course, all the king wanted was a few pennies on the price of tea and a stamp tax so he could protect them from the threat of wild and evil savages determined to cause as much destruction of both their lives and economy as possible. Why didn't they just pay what he asked? You'd think they would've been grateful for his protection.

There is nothing new under the sun. The world is not a different place. It's still the world.

Spatial, My view is more for the "flying passenger" and this being an option for screening them. I think this is a great technology that needs to be used. Is it perfect? No.. But if it can stop one fool from getting somthing on board and killing innocent travelers then I'm all for its use. I agree that as a crew we should have Crew Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by hou757 View Post
    My view is more for the "flying passenger" and this being an option for screening them.
    So only crew members deserve to have their civil liberties upheld and only after they pay ALPA to lobby Congress etc. to do so. "Flying Passengers" don't deserve to have their civil liberties respected?

Quote Originally Posted by xjetfng View Post
    So only crew members deserve to have their civil liberties upheld and only after they pay ALPA to lobby Congress etc. to do so. "Flying Passengers" don't deserve to have their civil liberties respected?
    How is that any different than us bypassing security now without these scanners in place and "paying passengers" having to be screened while we don't at select places? If these scanners are used as they are intended and are not abused I have no problem with their use. If abuse becomes a serious problem then shut them down. For now I say they are worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by CodenameYam View Post
    I guess I fail to see the purpose in wasting your energy writing an verbose diatribe that one person will read, chuckle at, and delete.

But that seems to be the norm for you guys. Lots of whining, no action.
    Sigh. I'm going to try to break it down one more time, so simple that even a kitten could understand.

1. The TSA has announced, and the company has informed the pilot group directly, of changes to the screening policy to which I do not consent.
    2. Recognizing that the day may be fast approaching when I reach an impasse in the security line with some flunky who won't let me in the door, I anticipate a potential conflict which may be likely to affect the operation.
    3. Being a responsible, all growed-up professional, I'm taking a proactive approach to the situation rather than waiting until said day to call my chief pilot and tell him I can't get to the gate to work my flight because I refuse to step into the government's peep show machine or turn my head and cough for the man in the blue shirt, to which said chief pilot would likely reply, "Didn't you get the FIL? Why did you wait till now to tell us about your conscientious objections?"
    4. I have included background information and other details to ensure that anyone who gives a shite will have a clear understanding of the issues at stake and the thought process behind my position. In this regard, I am simply appealing to the common interest we all share in this situation as human beings and stakeholders in the air transportation industry.
    5. If you, or the actual recipients of my letter disagree with me on any of these points, it does not bear on my convictions in the least. Therefore, I still feel it's my duty to communicate my dissent early and in no uncertain terms (see point #3 above). If my message gets brushed off, so be it. Due diligence has been served on my end, which is all I'm trying to do here.

Hope that makes sense now. If not, maybe somebody can translate it into Purrrrsian.

Quote Originally Posted by hou757 View Post
    How is that any different than us bypassing security now without these scanners in place and "paying passengers" having to be screened while we don't at select places? If these scanners are used as they are intended and are not abused I have no problem with their use. If abuse becomes a serious problem then shut them down. For now I say they are worth a try.
    The difference is that, while the previous screening program was still an unnecessary annoyance for us, it didn't violate anyones civil rights - ours or the pax's.

We now bypass security in a few places where metal detectors are in place. Where the scanner/frisking program is up and running, I haven't seen anything to indicate that there will be another option for pax or crew (except where they have crew pass, perhaps). I've seen the scanners once or twice, but always with the metal detectors in use as well. They specifically directed me to the metal detectors, but the pax were being ushered into the scanners like sheep with no clue what was even going on as far as I could tell.

And for those who aren't familiar, here's what's going on:

Last edited by SpatialD; 08-21-2010 at 11:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by V2+15 View Post
    I'm gonna go make a great pot of coffee. Why don't you have a nice, hot cup of STFU...

The American Gardens Building on W. 81st St.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unverified View Post
    Don't you have a flight attendant forum to go play in? Your naivety does not fit in here.
    Wow, I'm shocked that you would be so condascending and disrespectful. Everything else that you lean toward in your writings are so relevant and insightful....

You disappoint me.

Quote Originally Posted by Plan B View Post
    Wow, I'm shocked that you would be so condascending and disrespectful. Everything else that you lean toward in your writings are so relevant and insightful....

You disappoint me.
    LAX --> PWOP --> EWR --> ORD --> EWR --> DC-10 FO --> 767 FO

I just want my toothpaste back...nice letter dude even though i think sending it to management is a waste of your time, some guy way back there had it right congress or your senator is the way to go...there's a trash bin in houston waiting for it right under our ceo's secretary desk...IMHO.

Never mind.
    Mmmm... crack pipe....

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread Information