Custom Search
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: We need to stand up to TSA.

As per the new FIL regarding Whole Body Scanners... now we need to remove our wings!!??

So let me get this straight. Us ExpressJet pilots may no longer cut in line in IAH, and we're bullied by wheelchair pushers. Whilst CAL scabs and sky-hags bypass TSA altogether though their secret door.

Rampers may bypass security as well!? As well as gate agents? And TSA employees. They have unlimited access to the airplanes, why aren't they clearing security?

Do you want to go from the Terminal A bus around the corner, into the crew room?? Nope... can't do it. Gate agents, rampers, wheel chair pushers, Chelsea, TSA, AirServ morons, Yes, they certainly can, and do!

TSA has, in past, called us the 'last line of defense' in Homeland Security... why then, are we treated like the problem??

What do we need to do?? The company isn't helping us. The union doesn't seem too involved.

Ideas?

What happens when you cut in line? Ive been doing it everywhere, and passengers seem to be fine with it, and if their not, who cares. TSA is a false sense of security for the USA.

Just be patient. ALPA is working on CrewPASS. It should be up and running soon.
    NO.

I just smile and tell them we have to go warm the plane up for them. 99% of the time nobody blinks an eye.

Just refuse the whole body scan, if they don't then allow you through a conventional magnetometer, then they will have to wand/pat down. To be honest I will not be removing my wings every day at security, just to much of a PITA.
    MUST READ

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

F that.

Go ahead and pat me down. I'll pass on the extra radiation, thank you. Not to mention the hassle of putting on/taking off wings. Where am I supposed to unbutton my shirt and put my wings on straight? The security line? This is too much.

I wonder how many flights will go out late before the airlines get behind crewpass and/or employee lines/doors, etc?

I'm sure people will love to see their flight crews manhandled like suspects.

http://i41.tinypic.com/t9xgyo.jpg

I will not be removing my wings. They are a required part of the uniform. Fix your machine.

Folks, please stop and think about this for a minute. I'm working on some very real strategies for dealing with all this myself, and will share when I have a clearer head as to how I intend to proceed. But for now, please consider:

Hopefully, we don't have to discuss the scanners themselves too much - they're appalling and a total violation of citizens' privacy, personhood, etc. I watched a guy and his wife and little girl go through one recently and it was all I could do to keep my mouth shut. I wanted to stop him and say, "Dude, WTF???" as his wife stood inside the scanner with her arms raised like she was getting a mammogram or something. People move like sheep through those things without even stopping to think about what's really happening. I have to stop talking about that now before I blow a fuse.

But is being stopped and frisked by a government agent as you go about your lawful business - whether you're an airline employee or just an ordinary member of the traveling public - an acceptable alternative? Personally, I cannot consent to nor accept unwelcome physical contact any more than having images of my naked body being viewed by government personnel as a routine part of my daily commute to work. If I'm not under arrest or a suspect in some known threat to air transportation security, the feds have no grounds to invade my privacy and personal space in this way. It is an outrage beyond any measure of reason, an assault on liberty, a gross overreaching of the state, and a very significant step on the road back to the sort of tyranny many of our forbears and the founders of this society fought and often died to escape and abolish.

The real question, then, is WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH EVERYBODY??? Why is ANYONE tolerating this? And where do you suppose it'll end? I don't know about the rest of you, but this is where I draw the line. I'm not waiting for it to get worse before I say enough is enough. THIS is enough. Stay tuned...
    Last edited by SpatialD; 07-13-2010 at 11:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by V2+15 View Post
    I'm gonna go make a great pot of coffee. Why don't you have a nice, hot cup of STFU...

Hear what you're saying Spatial, but in the meantime, to avoid the extra radiation I will be refusing the full-body scan and requesting a pat down WITH A SUPERVISOR PRESENT. I will be a recalcitrant SOB and make this process run as smoothly as possible...FOR ME. If the plane goes out late, so be it..."out late due to security". I WILL NOT be patted down without a supervisor (and possibly a LEO) standing nearby as witness.
    Last edited by V2+15; 07-14-2010 at 05:32 AM.
    "If you're a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too..." - Maj. Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th PIR, 101st Airborne
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have" - Gerald R. Ford
    Blaming the NRA for Sandy Hook is like blaming AAA for Drunk Drivers

R.I.P. United States Constitution
    4 MAR 1789 - 6 NOV 2012

"Attitude reflect leadership, Captain"

Quote Originally Posted by V2+15 View Post
    I WILL NOT be patted down without a supervisor (and possibly a LEO) standing nearby as witness.
    Yea, cuz that's really important!!!

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Share This Thread

Share This Thread