Custom Search

Thread: PWOPS going to EWR Crashpad: Blocked INN

Welcome back to EWR! We have rooms available with flat screen TVs, wireless internet, 24/7 van service every 30 minutes to and from the airport. NO HOT BUNKING, you get an assigned bed with your own sheets. $260/month, beats hotel rooms or racing for a recliner. Holiday meals if you're not flying, vending machines with assorted items and on-site laundry Bring a fellow PWOP and get a discount.

Also available is a full workout gym and a pool in the summer. A good place to sit reserve when you don't fly.

Call space is limited: Alyssa 407-497-9808

Have they completed all the repairs/mods in the main house they started in 2004 or do you still wake up to the natural look of gutted walls, 2x4's, and Owens/Corning insulation?

It wasn't a bad place, but quite honestly I got tired of hearing the owners po' mouth all the time knowing they bring in approximately $30,000/month (including the apartments); that's $360,000/year. I know at one time, Jeff told me he had 78 filled beds in the main house. Can you say "FIRE HAZARD"? Not to mention he's against code for having people in the basement apartment with only one fire escape...the front door.
    Last edited by V2+15; 01-27-2010 at 10:07 AM.
    "If you're a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too..." - Maj. Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th PIR, 101st Airborne
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have" - Gerald R. Ford
    Blaming the NRA for Sandy Hook is like blaming AAA for Drunk Drivers

R.I.P. United States Constitution
    4 MAR 1789 - 6 NOV 2012

"Attitude reflect leadership, Captain"

Actually most people are now at the apartments, and the few left at the house have lots of room to themselves. I am in one of the apartments and like it; we have 2 bunks open now and I know they're trying to fill them.

Just FYI they havn't given us any bases yet and probably wont for a while (mid Feb) from what we've been told, so uhhh you may want to wait on this or bump it again then.
    LAX --> PWOP --> EWR --> ORD --> EWR --> DC-10 FO --> 767 FO

Do the apartments still have problems with extremely low water pressure, stench of sewage, the look that they haven't seen paint in 80 years, and heat that's either pumping out 150degree heat... or nothing? Did the stove ever get fixed so that the pilot light works and you no longer have to light it with a match?
    MUST READ

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

They put in a F-ing pool? Wow, its certainly changed since 05.....

Ok, I know this thread is 2 years old, but is the information about he Blocked Inn current? Gonna be at EWR for a few months....

+1...
    I'm also looking for a spot in EWR for at least a couple of months. Any info's appreciated.

I stayed in one of the apartments. 12 people per room and if you aren't the first one to take a shower in the morning you get to stand in 3-4 inches of the other dudes' dirty water that won't drain. Kinda expensive also, but it got the job done.

Who is the person to contact?

Thread Information