Custom Search
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Erosion of Pilot Command / Authority

Just flew with someone that was complaining about this very thing. I thought it was funny though because he looked homeless and probably did not shave or iron for the entire trip. No wonder the gate agents didnt give him any respect.

He flew as bad as he looked by the way....

Kind of a chicken and the egg theory is you ask me. Lower pay/respect for pilots means lower quality pilots which then create less respect for the pilots. Hard to tell us to "look the part" when we have to pinch every penny. Of course I'm looking at it from a bottom-rung FO's position. I would hope that the captains making $60-100k would spring for some decent dry cleaning and shaving kits!

looking like a million dollars don't mean you can fly like it. I.E look atall those Riddle grads

Quote Originally Posted by skyking002 View Post
    looking like a million dollars don't mean you can fly like it. I.E look atall those Riddle grads
    Joke's on you. I also look like sh*t.
    XJT 09/07-09/08
    B757/767 FO

you must be so proud.

Quote Originally Posted by Quint View Post
    you must be so proud.
    I know people on this board aren't always the mental giants of the aviation world, but you have to realize that I was mocking him.

And you.

Whoever wants it, really.
    XJT 09/07-09/08
    B757/767 FO

Quote Originally Posted by ipilot View Post
    Kind of a chicken and the egg theory is you ask me. Lower pay/respect for pilots means lower quality pilots which then create less respect for the pilots. Hard to tell us to "look the part" when we have to pinch every penny. Of course I'm looking at it from a bottom-rung FO's position. I would hope that the captains making $60-100k would spring for some decent dry cleaning and shaving kits!
    100k! What? What? What?
    Homer: "When I got hired here I didn't even know what a nucular panner plant was."

Quote Originally Posted by skyking002 View Post
    Doesn't mean you make a million dollars either - or even more than $30k. I do understand the point of the original post, but you know, maybe the guy was homeless. Not so funny when you think about it like that, now is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by V2+15 View Post
    I'm gonna go make a great pot of coffee. Why don't you have a nice, hot cup of STFU...

I don't think any of the "residents" are pilots. Granted that is at this point in time.
    -Cort
    California Native

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Milbarge View Post
    100k! What? What? What?
    c'mon man that can be made...don't act like it's so out of reach
    SA5X06

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information