Custom Search
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 737 Type Rating Cost

Anyone know of a site that actually gives the cost of different companies type ratings? HPA and the like don't list the total cost on their site.

Thanks

T

E-mail the companies. They have a Contact Us link on their sites. They'll get back to you fairly quickly.
    Reid Bartlam
    PHL A320
    US Airways
    XJT 2004-2013
    Still and Will Always Be Crackpipe NAAncy

If I could personally greet every passenger on this airplane, what I'd say to you is "Thanks for flying with us. And I'll tell ya we're gonna do our very best to take good care of you."

Yup, just did that.

Thanks man!

T

I got my B737 type rating through Higher Power, and it cost $7380. Add in the cost of hotel rooms ($47 per night for 14 nights) and food and you'll be around $8000 even. There are some programs that are cheaper, such as K&S Aviation in Phoenix. I think they advertise for just under $6000. A type is a type, but I still wouldn't give up the experience of going to Higher Power. They have a great bunch of guys and gals working down there in Dallas, and I left feeling like I actually learned something about the airplane.

THAT SIGNATURE IS HUGE.

Flight Training International was $4,995. One day of ground school, 3 days of sim, and one day for the ride. It's inexpensive, quick, and gets the job done. Believe me, Southwest could care less where you get your type.

Quote Originally Posted by mszluka View Post
    I got my B737 type rating through Higher Power, and it cost $7380. Add in the cost of hotel rooms ($47 per night for 14 nights) and food and you'll be around $8000 even. There are some programs that are cheaper, such as K&S Aviation in Phoenix. I think they advertise for just under $6000. A type is a type, but I still wouldn't give up the experience of going to Higher Power. They have a great bunch of guys and gals working down there in Dallas, and I left feeling like I actually learned something about the airplane.
    i think you just liked Natalie's rims

Get the type after the job offer. (assuming you want to get it to work for Southwest). I have seen guys turned down at other airlines because the interviewer asks "why do you have a 737 type?" They know why you have it and they are afraid that if they hire you, you are going to jump on the first time you get a chance to go to Southwest. Its good to get it if you know you are getting the job. But for an interview it just not worth it. just my 2 cents
    The stuff that I write in this forum is my personal opinion. I probably pulled it out off my a$$ and has nothing to do with the opinions, rules, business plans of my former employer or my current employer.
    XJT alum 01/05-3/08

I used FTI as well. Great deal $4999, cheap and very fast. Did it in DAL and they guys were good down there.

I didn't nor would I have done the training without the job offer. Just too much money to spend in hopes of getting hired. Unless you have that kinda cash to possibly blow. I think as well SWA does not care how you get the type as long as you got it.
    As You Were...

Quote Originally Posted by elgeneralisimo View Post
    Get the type after the job offer. (assuming you want to get it to work for Southwest). I have seen guys turned down at other airlines because the interviewer asks "why do you have a 737 type?" They know why you have it and they are afraid that if they hire you, you are going to jump on the first time you get a chance to go to Southwest. Its good to get it if you know you are getting the job. But for an interview it just not worth it. just my 2 cents
    "Why do you have a 737 type?"

"Because SWA is the only game in town interviewing. I'm doing what I can to better myself for a prospective job."

I actually know people who have been hired at other airlines with the type. It isn't so much if you have the type, but how you answer the question when or if asked. Just my 2 cents.

All good food for thought guys. Thanks for the input. The problem is, now that all other hiring has stopped, SWA ha a stack of apps a mile high, and the shorter of those stacks is the "with type" one.

As far as the money goes, with our on time bonus checks, I should have it paid off in no time........

T

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information