Custom Search

Thread: Pay check stub what is "Imputed LTD"

Is this Long Term Disability? (If so, I'm healthy as a horse, never had to use short/long term disability.)

Current amount $12.36, Pay Year to Date is $74.16

Does anyone else have a few extra bucks added to their paycheck?

Then, on the deductions, what is Pilot LTD?

Current amount $10.08, Year to Date is $30.24

Thanks in advance,

Douglas

On the thin edge between half-full and half-empty.
    Quote Originally Posted by douglazb View Post
    Is this Long Term Disability? (If so, I'm healthy as a horse, never had to use short/long term disability.)

Thanks in advance,

Douglas
    It's the amount the company contributes into your LTD plan. You pay part and they pay part. It's not exactly cash in the bank, but you pay tax on it as additional "income."
    Evidence of useful thought and good judgment tends to decrease at a rate roughly the square of your distance from the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by douglazb View Post

Thanks in advance,

Douglas

yup your are correct, and no you cant get out of it as far as i know.. plus you may need it when you slip on ice and crack you head open ... just a thought... its good to have because you never know whats coming down the road.

I was under the impression was that LTD was for LONG TERM DISABILITIES not short term. Would a sprained ankle constitute as a long term disability?

First they pay you vacation time etc.. and if it takeslonger you can file a claim.

FMLA covers short term disability from your sick bank for qualifing events. Some FMLA is unpaid leave, contact me for details. Imputed LTD is long term disability and if you apply for it and get it approved it kicks in when your sick bank and vacation time have been exhausted. If you have LTD keep it, If ya don't have it GET IT THIS FALL!. There are those who have been out on medicals and those that will. It is just a matter of time. LTD pays 55% of your monthly salary. Take your hourly rate times 75 and you will get 55% of that in one check toward the end of the month. From that check you are responsible for paying to maintain any conmpany insurance programs you have such as dental, medical, VSP, etc. The only deduction you will not have to take out is LTD which the company pays while your out on LTD. Your premium is paid with post tax dollars so LTD is tax free! It is a darn good thing to have. Word, Peace out!
    Last edited by ddornacker; 03-30-2007 at 10:33 PM.
    David Dornacker
    USN Retired
    361 443-0671
    ddornacker@aol.com

Quote Originally Posted by ddornacker View Post
    FMLA covers short term disability from your sick bank for qualifing events. Some FMLA is unpaid leave, contact me for details. Imputed LTD is long term disability and if you apply for it and get it approved it kicks in when your sick bank and vacation time have been exhausted. If you have LTD keep it, If ya don't have it GET IT THIS FALL!. There are those who have been out on medicals and those that will. It is just a matter of time. LTD pays 55% of your monthly salary. Take your hourly rate times 75 and you will get 55% of that in one check toward the end of the month. From that check you are responsible for paying to maintain any conmpany insurance programs you have such as dental, medical, VSP, etc. The only deduction you will not have to take out is LTD which the company pays while your out on LTD. Your premium is paid with post tax dollars so LTD is tax free! It is a darn good thing to have. Word, Peace out!
    I would like to add one more thing... I think that they will not be taking taxes out of the check that is recieved fom LTD... I havent have to use this program but a friend with another airline did and he got wacked at the end of the year because he failed to see they were not taking out taxes.. just food for thought, our plan may be different...

Our LTD premim is paid with POST tax dollars and thus the insurance benefit is paid TAX FREE. Please contact Sarah Carrisalez in our HR department for details at 832 353-1276 or Sarah.Carrisalez@ExpressJet.com. She would be happy to give you factual details and not crack pipe annonymous advice.
    David Dornacker
    USN Retired
    361 443-0671
    ddornacker@aol.com

Thread Information